Etihad To Frankfurt

onzestan

Hi there,

Once or twice a year I fly to europe, I have a choice between FRA, CDG and or AMS

Paramount for me is to have the best comfort possible i.e. flatbed seats.

Has anybody flown the route to Frankfurt with Etihad in pearl class, if so how was the comfort level of the seats in flatbed position ? Skytrax have no info on flatbeds from Etihad.

Thanks beforehand

Regards

Onzestan

Hi there,

Once or twice a year I fly to europe, I have a choice between FRA, CDG and or AMS

Paramount for me is to have the best comfort possible i.e. flatbed seats.

Has anybody flown the route to Frankfurt with Etihad in pearl class, if so how was the comfort level of the seats in flatbed position ? Skytrax have no info on flatbeds from Etihad.

Thanks beforehand

Regards

Onzestan

I've flown LGW-AUH_BKK and return in Pearl on one of their 777s... the seat was very comfortable and the bed meant I got 6 hrs proper sleep. The seat also has a built in massage function that you can regulate which is great. Superb people to fly with, they're my airline of choice now.

Not all their aircraft have the flatbed seats! Some do all the way through and some only half way through. Check at the time of booking as when your seat is booked they will know what aircraft is being used. I have seen the flight out of BKK to have the flat bed but the flight out of AUH not to have and vice versa on the return. Though all the seats are comfortable in Pearl Class this can be very annoying if you have been in the new flat seat and are changed to normal business class seat on the flight into CDG/LGW/FRA.

Not all their aircraft have the flatbed seats! Some do all the way through and some only half way through. Check at the time of booking as when your seat is booked they will know what aircraft is being used. I have seen the flight out of BKK to have the flat bed but the flight out of AUH not to have and vice versa on the return. Though all the seats are comfortable in Pearl Class this can be very annoying if you have been in the new flat seat and are changed to normal business class seat on the flight into CDG/LGW/FRA.

Exactly,

I know they use older versions of their A330 to Brussels and Paris, which do not have the flatbeds.

Etihad Bangkok confirmed me by email they use the newer A330 with flatbed to Frankfurt.

Now for me since anyway I have to hire a car on arrival, it is not so important where I fly to.

Frankfurt is 400 Km, Paris is 380 km to my final destination so not much difference.

For Brussels I know from a friend they use the older aircraft so this is out of the question

Anyway my original question was if anyone had flown the route Frankfurt to confirm they use the new A330's to this destination.

Thanks beforehand for any reply !!!!!

Regards

Onzestan