Marriage Extension documents

On 3/1/2019 at 8:47 AM, ubonjoe said:

And photos of you and the wife in around the house with one showing the condo number in it.

Here is my list of general requirements. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

Most offices want a signed copy of the owners house book and ID card along with the rental agreement. The Chanot is not normally asked for.

In your general requirements is listed "Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for." Is this the case if both are living in a hotel or a house of wifes family?

Re Chaengwattana Immigration and marriage extensions:

1. Can anyone who's done one at CW lately confirm UJ's post above that CW does not require bringing along witnesses?

2. And, does CW Immigration typically do application pending home visit inquiries or not?  And if so, does it matter if one's wife is usually away at work during normal business hours M-F, as opposed to staying around the house?

I just did my extension in Si Racha. We didn't bring any witness while visiting the immigration. Since we are traveling the next day to China, a house visit has scheduled the same afternoon. They told us to find two witnesses with a copy of their hose book and ID. Luckily we found two condo managers to help us to be the witnesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I know this is not pertinent to this topic but my wife has a small resort and yesterday a Swedish customer went to Rayong immigration to extend his holiday visa and got sent back for additional paperwork from my wife. She had provided copy of the family book, her ID card and our home address plus a few other things. He came back really pissed off as Rayong wanted one more form off my wife, list of guests form signed, when she is registered with immigration and reports everyone who stays online as she has an official account. She printed out this form and he went back today and guess what, THE STAFF WORKING TODAY DIDN'T NEED ALL THAT PAPERWORK - SCREAM!. 

Can't any government official make all the offices have the same rules?. Another good one, a friend went to renew his driving licence and has a yellow book for his house. Rayong traffic office made him go to immigration and get the residence certificate and had to pay 500 baht to boot when it's supposed to be free. How can we plan anything when it looks like they make deliberate road blocks?.

pp. I used to work in India and had a residents permit and until recently I thought nobody could beat India for red tape but I think Thailand has taken over the mantle as India has entered the 20th century and things can be done online (without getting to the 21st).

Edited by sandrabbit
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 2:17 PM, riclag said:

1.Does a marriage/divorce affidavit from the US embassy ever expire

2.Does a legalized document from the MFA ever expire

3.Can I get this done all in one day( Affidavit,Translation and MFA)

4.Must I have the Thai lady with me at the MFA!

From my experience

1. it is valid for 6 months but after recent activity I expect they would say 3 months.

2. I think everything is 6 months.

3. We did it through an agent near the British Embassy

4. I make sure my wife is with me at all times so she can translate correctly and stop me doing/saying something stupid when they come out with something new.

On 3/4/2019 at 1:58 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What Immigration Office are you talking about?

At the CW Immigration office. I didn't include a copy of the 90 day reporting while doing my extension (based on marriage) and the officer stated that I needed to copy it. But she was nice enough to make a copy herself instead of making me go to the copy place to do it.

• Thanks 1