Wife won't pay any bill

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, mentalcolonization said:

After years of us staying together, I asked her this month to take care of the bills ( basic like water, internet and electricity, thats not more than 5000b) so disappointed. 

You have to set up certain boundaries when you meet, not years after. 

Mine was never to pay allowance or her bills. That part works fine, but there are of course other issues.

2 hours ago, mentalcolonization said:

I just popped this today that she has to take care of the bills this month and it nearly escalated. I have no issues with extension though some may think. I am on a working visa and need to travel out for personal reasons.

On a "working-Visa"? Your Thai-Job must pay little. And now your wife knows. Rats!

Why do farang here ask these sort of questions of the Thai wife. Will you pay the bills, Why won't you apologize, Will you and your family step up and provide the 800K I need in the Bank for my extension.

Even though these are all valid questions / requests you are just setting yourself up to be disappointed.

As for the Thai wife and family they need to realize that owning a farlang is not all beer and skittles, there are expenses and other considerations that maybe incurred along the way.

The Thai way is if you have a live in or wife, never ask her to pay anything. Part of the deal is to use your money. If she works, that money is her security if you leave. She's not going to use her money for bills.

3 hours ago, rjwill01 said:

The Thai way is if you have a live in or wife, never ask her to pay anything. Part of the deal is to use your money. If she works, that money is her security if you leave. She's not going to use her money for bills.

Some times yes, my first Thai wife would never pay i baht for anything.

My wife now completely different, if she goes food shopping she pays, we share everything.

4 hours ago, rjwill01 said:

I think I'm living in a parallel universe. I'm a kept man, my wife supports me. I must be doing it wrong.

12 hours ago, mentalcolonization said:

After years of us staying together, I asked her this month to take care of the bills ( basic like water, internet and electricity, that's not more than 5000b) so disappointed. 

Leave the bills until you get back.

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Leave the bills until you get back.

yes! - the only way to really know your outgoing Baht, are going into the actual Bills

Can you otherwise Allot via Regular payment deductions out of your Accounts?

My wife pays the bills with money from our joint account, usually, one trip per month to the local 7/11 does the job. Its not exactly rocket science now is it. Is this wife mentally challenged, or just lazy?  

15 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

My wife pays the bills with money from our joint account, usually, one trip per month to the local 7/11 does the job. Its not exactly rocket science now is it. Is this wife mentally challenged, or just lazy?  

I assumed the OP wanted her to pay the bills with her own money.

Just now, BritManToo said:

I assumed the OP wanted her to bay the bills with her own money.

Well fair enough I guess, but if she doesn't pay the bills and he is away and the water and elect get cut off,  she's the one that suffers. As I say, mental or lazy?  Maybe on his way back home, he books into cheap accommodation for a few weeks and leaves her to sort out the ensuring  home utilities  mess. 

4 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Well fair enough I guess, but if she doesn't pay the bills and he is away and the water and elect get cut off,  she's the one that suffers. As I say, mental or lazy?  Maybe on his way back home, he books into cheap accommodation for a few weeks and leaves her to sort out the ensuring  home utilities  mess. 

The OP is just another guy who hired a woman to pretend to love him, then gets upset when reality doesn't match his delusion IMHO. As long as you keep paying many will pretend to love you until you die, ask them to put their hand in their own pocket, and you'll be in for a sudden shock.

I'm OK hiring women to sleep/live/reproduce with me, no need to delude myself it's about more than the money though, hired help is hired help, end of.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The OP is just another guy who hired a woman to pretend to love him, then gets upset when reality doesn't match his delusion IMHO. As long as you keep paying many will pretend to love you until you die, ask them to put their hand in their own pocket, and you'll be in for a sudden shock.

I'm OK hiring women to sleep with me, no need to delude myself it's about more than the money though.

a rather cynical, but commonly held view. My Thai wife was/is a home lady and took care of our daughter, as she grew up (the daughter grew up, not the wife ! ), the home and me , so I have always been the bread winner, I guess in that circumstance, the issue facing the OP doesn't arise.  

5 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I wish there were less of those guys, they give all of us a bad name.:coffee1:

There are very few of these guys..

It is just another fantasy peddled by the foreign geriatrics,the addled,the superannuated used care salesman/real estate agents and the terminally bored..

They mainly live in Chang Mai-where their 1917 pattern gas masks are not helping them a jot at the moment.

my wife has always paid the bills with her own money, she usually buys the groceries too  unless I am with her at the time. Cant see why any working wife cant pay her own way, marriage is supposed to be shared thing not one sided

Archived