Wife won't pay any bill

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:47 PM, mentalcolonization said:

I just popped this today that she has to take care of the bills this month and it nearly escalated. I have no issues with extension though some may think. I am on a working visa and need to travel out for personal reasons.

Sorry, but to me it just sounds as though you are being provocative towards your wife and looking for an argument. 

Why would you just 'dump' that on her this morning without any warning whatsoever.

Very shitty thing to do. 

On 3/1/2019 at 10:34 PM, mentalcolonization said:

Short of finances because i will be travelling out this month

If 5000 baht makes you short of finances you obviously need to get a new job unless you are a Thai; and, just posting here looking for farang sympathy. 

On 3/2/2019 at 2:04 AM, Youlike said:

Take her lipstick, write "No money no Honey" on the mirror and sleep in the other bedroom tonight. That 'll teach her.

My new T Shirt I had made.

IMG_6502.png

On 3/2/2019 at 3:04 AM, colinneil said:

Some times yes, my first Thai wife would never pay i baht for anything.

My wife now completely different, if she goes food shopping she pays, we share everything.

Same. I have no issues. 

my wife is hopeless with bills. so disorganized. we have suppliers giving us invoices from nov that I didnt know about. She cant remember to pay her phone bills. I have to do most of it. I dont think she cares about late payments/ credit rating

On 3/2/2019 at 12:04 AM, colinneil said:

My wife now completely different, if she goes food shopping she pays, we share everything.

That is not her paying is it ? It is her using your money.Im sure the first would have done the same if you shared everything that time ????

On 3/2/2019 at 11:51 AM, BritManToo said:

The OP is just another guy who hired a woman to pretend to love him, then gets upset when reality doesn't match his delusion IMHO. As long as you keep paying many will pretend to love you until you die, ask them to put their hand in their own pocket, and you'll be in for a sudden shock.

I'm OK hiring women to sleep/live/reproduce with me, no need to delude myself it's about more than the money though, hired help is hired help, end of.

Well stated.  So many are codependent, control, Alpha Male, etc in need to assert/feed their emptiness.  No balls to stand alone.  You ever realize we ALL will leave the same way we got here - ALONE!  In between the beginning and end all we do is rent/pay/buy for the feeling of intimacy on some level.  She is replaceable just like you and me.  Don't be afraid to move on.  After all, how did you get this far in life without her? You will be fine...

On 3/2/2019 at 11:51 AM, BritManToo said:

As long as you keep paying many will pretend to love you until you die, ask them to put their hand in their own pocket, and you'll be in for a sudden shock.

agree with your statement but thought about adding some personal experience, thanks

....... many will keep pretending to love you until you will keep your sanity/health and acceptable (by their standards) appearance, if you no longer can be displayed to her friends you'll be in for a sudden shock

44 minutes ago, Odin Norway said:

That is not her paying is it ? It is her using your money.Im sure the first would have done the same if you shared everything that time ????

Why are you posting nonsense?

My wife pays herself, in nearly 8 years she has never ever asked me for even 1 baht.

First wife would lie, cheat, steal to get money, the complete opposite to my wife now.

My wife routinely pays the electricity and water bills. During the blistering hear of summer our electric bill is about 2000 baht and the aircon is on all the time. In the cold season it's half or less than that. The water bill is about 400 baht a month.

She's getting off way easy!

10 minutes ago, colinneil said:

My wife pays herself, in nearly 8 years she has never ever asked me for even 1 baht.

First wife would lie, cheat, steal to get money, the complete opposite to my wife now.

Best you do not assume about other people's wives "Odin Norway" if you do not know the facts. Not all wives are equal (or selfish, or useless, or self serving). Many of us, like Colin, have exceptional wives/partners. I know a few on this forum who do (including myself).

Generalizing is not wise. It is insulting to some.

11 minutes ago, colinneil said:
55 minutes ago, Odin Norway said:

Edited 3 minutes ago by colinneil

It seems there are a lot of cynics in this thread regarding wives and bills.

While I know it's dangerous to generalise, it does make me think there must be so many guys who here don't have a genuine relationship, and therefore need to defend what they have by criticising those who do.

This dude just lost face and control for now and the future.

Paying gives one control but that needs to be made clear from the get go.  No BS or Western female push backs accepted....

Too late for him now and many others it seems.

16 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

While I know it's dangerous to generalise, it does make me think there must be so many guys who here don't have a genuine relationship, and therefore need to defend what they have by criticising those who do.

I know a load of guys that claim their wife is genuine, but in reality she isn't (banged a few of them too).

Which is the problem for me, so many claims, yet the reality is so different.

So far, I've not met one woman married to a foreigner in Chiang Mai, that isn't in it for the money.

Yet those same foreigners, around 70% must me either totally stupid, or out and out liars.

Not just the guys with bar girls, but teachers, government workers, a policewoman, all whoring themselves out in pretend LTRs while banging Thai guys on the side and looking around for an upgrade on the foreigner they have.

I'm not talking about my relationships, I've never had a genuine relationship (thought I did in the UK for 30 years, but it was in reality only another cash transaction) I've always paid, all my life, apart from two or three free ones when I was in my teens.

16 hours ago, oldhippy said:

I did not know that Thailand issues work permits for farang pimps.

Volunteering doesn't need a workpermit anymore. ????

Only for extension you need one. ????

7 minutes ago, donim said:
16 hours ago, oldhippy said:

I did not know that Thailand issues work permits for farang pimps.

Volunteering doesn't need a workpermit anymore. ????

At the risk of going OT, is that a humorous remark, or are you being serous - has the law changed recently?

Water can paid after the due date, only after the due date of the second period they will knock your door, squeesh the tap and rise the bill after 2 days.

Electric they will knock one week after the due date and give no grant period, thus removing the meter.

You should have talked with your wife about sharing the cost. That will temper her to leave the fridge door open and turning on the aircon all time if she does. Like mine, and down did the bills go..

I share with mine, but it is me who do the paying. I do it online with the Line Pay application. Many application have the option to pay your utility bills, like the MyAIS app, Line, your onlinebanking. On odd months, topup that with her card.

When I am abroad, I use the Line way, this don't need an OTP which is not working for me when abroad.

The food shopping is out my wallet, and phone, cosmetic, toiletteries, somtum and women things is hers.

Rgds,

10 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

At the risk of going OT, is that a humorous remark, or are you being serous - has the law changed recently?

The Royal Decree on Managing the Work of Foreigners (No. 2) B.E. 2561 (2018) came into effect on March 28, 2018, and is the third significant reform to Thailand’s law on work permits in the past three years. The new amendments are aimed at addressing the concerns of foreign workers over penalties related to work permit requirements imposed by the Royal Decree (No. 1) B.E. 2560 (2017) earlier in 2017. The key changes introduced by the amendments are detailed below.

Definition of work. The definition of work has been reworded, and now reads: “To perform any professional work, regardless of whether or not there is an employer, but excluding the conduct of business of foreign business license holders according to the Foreign Business Act.”

Additional work permit exemptions. The amendment provides for work permit exemptions in certain cases, as follows:

• Foreigners who occasionally enter Thailand to organize or attend a conference; to discuss, speak, or present at a conference, training, workshop, or seminar; to perform art and cultural activities; or to participate in sports or any activities to be prescribed by the Cabinet.
  • Foreigners who enter Thailand for the purpose of establishing a business or investment, or who possess knowledge and a high level of skill, which will be beneficial to Thailand’s development, as prescribed by the Cabinet.

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:04 AM, colinneil said:

That sounds a healthy relationship with mutual respect.

Many guys out here seem incapable of such a relationship or getting a partner to respect them for anything other than they money.  If that's is OK with them and they can have their wife 'pet' to keep that's fine I suppose though.  Personally, I could not share my life with someone I could not trust or that I doubted actually loved me (or respected me as a friend at best).  

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm not talking about my relationships, I've never had a genuine relationship (thought I did in the UK for 30 years, but it was in reality only another cash transaction) I've always paid, all my life, apart from two or three free ones when I was in my teens.

that might explain a lot about your posts

Archived