E-cigarette users urge quick solution after tourist’s bribery accusation

webfact

9 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Those e-cigarettes cannot be taxed and hence are simply forbidden; Khon Thai thinks that like that the problem is solved. No, it is not - as example proves.

Sure they can tax vaping.  Just slap a huge tax on vaping fluids and require a stamp on every bottle sold, imported, or even in possession.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, dtaanic said:

Last Year In Phuket, I saw 2 policemen vaping in front of their police station.

I saw a Vape mod on Thai ambulance drivers seat and saw a IO officer using one of those IQOS things right outside IO door

Edited by richiejom

They want People to smoke themselves to death with real cigarettes plus there is a lot of tax made from the sale of cancer sticks. Smoking e cigarettes would slow down the death fate and reduce the tax revenues 

13 hours ago, mommysboy said:

I think recent events with e-cigarettes will rebound badly on Thailand, which has built its reputation on being cheap, cheerful, and easy.

That reputation is built on the past and quickly being replaced by expensive, gloomy and onerous. Thanks to the junta.

12 hours ago, impulse said:

Sure they can tax vaping.  Just slap a huge tax on vaping fluids and require a stamp on every bottle sold, imported, or even in possession.

They could slap additional tax on the nicotine content, just as they do with alcoholic beverages. The bulk of the juice is Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerin, common ingredients in foods which are taxed with VAT.