800,000b When?

Having to show your bank book in 90 days is not a big deal because you can do it when you do your 90-day report. The only people it may affect are those planning to withdraw their money early and still get the entire year's stay. They may be in for a surprise and have to leave the country. No word yet on what happens if your balance drops below the 800k or 400k level.

If you are out of the country, they will have a way to address that, like showing your bank book at the next 90-day report. It will take them a little time, but they will iron out the wrinkles. So, I am going to enjoy my retirement and not worry... Hakuna Matata.

Edited by BertM

50 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

There is another thread today of some people receiving a special sheet after doing their extension, having it approved. This sheet gives them a 90 day report back date, with bank book requirement. 

So everyone on a retirement extension using "money in bank method" needs to be in Thailand for a report. If that turns out to be the case at CW then the word nightmare springs to mind. Quickly followed by my new thread..."how do I apply for elite visa"

23 minutes ago, BertM said:

Having to show your bank book in 90 days is not a big deal because you can do it when you do your 90-day report. The only people it may affect are those planning to withdraw their money early and still get the entire year's stay. They may be in for a surprise and have to leave the country. No word yet on what happens if your balance drops below the 800k or 400k level.

If you are out of the country, they will have a way to address that, like showing your bank book at the next 90-day report. They will iron out the wrinkles. So, no worries...

I haven't done a 90 day report in 7 years. I thought for some retirement meant travel etc. On Friday I go to Saigon. Soon after I need take care of some stuff in oz. Thinking maybe take 6 weeks. Flight back is April 23. On 24 I take the ball and chain to Japan. 15 days

I'm sure others have various stories of how a 90 day report of bank balance would be a Pandora's box.

Edited by DrJack54
Error
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So everyone on a retirement extension using "money in bank method" needs to be in Thailand for a report. If that turns out to be the case at CW then the word nightmare springs to mind. Quickly followed by my new thread..."how do I apply for elite visa"

I am always gone at the 90-day point after my renewal and I'm not worried. They will have a way to address people who are traveling, like showing your bank book at the next 90-day report. And, there have been no reports that this is being done at CW in Bangkok, yet... or, if it will be random or will be everyone... No worries...

Edited by BertM

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I haven't don't a 90 day report in 7 years. I thought for some retirement meant travel etc. On Friday I go to Saigon. Soon after I need take care of some stuff in oz. Thinking maybe 6 weeks. Flight back is April 23. On 24 I take the ball and chain to Japan. 15 days

I'm sure others have various stories of how a 90 day report of bank balance would be a Pandora's box.

I've only done one (1) 90-day report in the 3 years I've been here. They will have a way to address people who travel... go have fun... I travel a lot too, that's what I enjoy about retirement. No worries...

Edited by BertM