Door To Door Or Door To Depot Shipping

Phil_ne_uk

I’m trying to sort out the best price to bring a small shipment of personal possessions from the UK to Pattaya.

Seven seas seems one of the best prices quoting 320 pounds for door to door or 180 pounds for door to depot for 7 boxes 30x40x50. on their website they state as follows

The 'Door-to-Door' Service is covered by all 7 Steps, of the 'Step By Step Guide'. This covers taking a consignment from the door of the originating address, transporting it to the destination country, clearing it through Customs and delivering the consignment to the door of the destination address.

The 'Door-to-Depot' service is covered by Steps 1 to 5, the remaining Steps (6 & 7) are your responsibility. This covers taking a consignment from the door of the originating address and transporting it to a depot at, or in the vicinity of the destination port or airport. Seven Seas involvement ends at this point, it is your responsibility to clear your consignment through Customs and to arrange the collection of your goods

The door to depot is nearly half the price but does anyone know the procedure and costs to clear my things through customs and how to do it, or alternatively does anyone know where I can find a local agent who can do this and can quote me the definite (guaranteed) costs for doing so? Obviously I can rent a pickup and collect the things myself easy enough.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Phil

Hi

I know this is of no help but I am in similar position so if you get any infor I would be grateful if you could let me know how you get on

I have quite a decent quote from Simpson removals Uk

I am going to go for door to door to save hassle as I believe this is the easiest way to get things through customs without too much delay or too much 'pocket money' needing to be paid.

Any experiences / recommendations from anyone shipping UK to Thailand would be really helpful

I'm trying to sort out the best price to bring a small shipment of personal possessions from the UK to Pattaya.

Seven seas seems one of the best prices quoting 320 pounds for door to door or 180 pounds for door to depot for 7 boxes 30x40x50. on their website they state as follows

The 'Door-to-Door' Service is covered by all 7 Steps, of the 'Step By Step Guide'. This covers taking a consignment from the door of the originating address, transporting it to the destination country, clearing it through Customs and delivering the consignment to the door of the destination address.

The 'Door-to-Depot' service is covered by Steps 1 to 5, the remaining Steps (6 & 7) are your responsibility. This covers taking a consignment from the door of the originating address and transporting it to a depot at, or in the vicinity of the destination port or airport. Seven Seas involvement ends at this point, it is your responsibility to clear your consignment through Customs and to arrange the collection of your goods

The door to depot is nearly half the price but does anyone know the procedure and costs to clear my things through customs and how to do it, or alternatively does anyone know where I can find a local agent who can do this and can quote me the definite (guaranteed) costs for doing so? Obviously I can rent a pickup and collect the things myself easy enough.

Cheers

Phil

Lots of previous posts (myself included) on this subject.

No costs at the port of entry are "guaranteed". Depends whether you have more time or money. If you haven't got the time to spend a day or too down at the airport sorting it out the extra 100 pounds or so doesn't sound like such a bad deal. Getting your stuff out of customs could easily approach that figure - even 100% legit, with all the clearing costs. I cleare dall my personal stuff (about 200kg) for around 6000B & a day of my time six years ago doing it he legit way.

Soundman.

I’m trying to sort out the best price to bring a small shipment of personal possessions from the UK to Pattaya.

Cheers

Phil

I recently sent a 1 cubic meter box from the UK to Thailand. door to depot was the only option offered to me. It cost me just over £150 to send to Thailand and just over 11,000 baht (approx £170) to get it from the port, through customs and delivered to my house here. There was an agent handling things this end and he needed my passport for customs, and paying first, so there was a lot of messing around and it took several days to actually get the box from the port to me. It looks like the price you've been quoted is slightly cheaper and if I'd had the option you've been offered I'd have chosen door to door just to save on all the hassle I had getting the box at this end.