AOC 32inch monitor OSD locked

longball53098

Help????

I am not one to holler "uncle" but it's time.

I have a AOC monitor less than a year old. I use it for displaying my 14 camera security system and NVR. It works great for that,,,,,,but?  I have never had a PC connected to it just the NVR system. The monitor as with most has an On Screen Display menu and settings but up til a week or so ago never used it or tried to access it. This menu is accessed from a single multi-position rocker-switch  on the rear lower right of the monitor. The manual I have explains every setting and how to get there but one thing they do not mention is how to "UNLOCK" the OSD settings when it's locked. There is no mention of this anywhere that I can find in the manual or on the internet. This rocker-switch is the only switch on the device. I have no idea how it got locked as I have never played with the settings but this switch is used to turn the unit on and off so I guess it is possible an error when using it was made at some point.

So, is there anyone out in TV (Thaivisa) land that has this info? Or can find it? I have emailed AOC support but no luck in 3 or 4 days of waiting. I post here the model info so maybe one of the "experts" can come up with something.

How to "Unlock OSD" on this monitor

Thanks for any and all answers

PK

AOC I3294VWH_67.jpg

Edited by longball53098
forgot to add image

Looking at initial results from Googling "aoc monitor unlock", it may be down to a combination of the menu and power button interaction?

"To unlock the OSD lock, Press and hold the menu button for 10 seconds then the menu will appear.To lock OSD press and hold the menu button for 10 seconds. If your AOC e2343F is locked then just power off your screen and hold power and menu buttons together. Then you'll get your screen unlocked."

and

"OSD Lock Function: To lock the OSD, press and hold the MENUbutton while the monitor is off and then press power button to turn the monitor on. To un-lock the OSD - press and hold the MENUbutton while the monitor is off and then press power button to turn the monitor on. "

Thanks but as I say there is only one (1) button on this monitor. It is a multi-function push button and rocker switch. t is the menu button and the power button all in one. A miniature joy stick control sort of. This model is different than others described on Google/

2 hours ago, longball53098 said:

Thanks but as I say there is only one (1) button on this monitor. It is a multi-function push button and rocker switch. t is the menu button and the power button all in one. A miniature joy stick control sort of. This model is different than others described on Google/

Try a long push (10+ seconds) on that button in the direction normally used to turn it on/off.

If that doesnt work, try a similar long push in whichever direction you would normally use to bring the menu up.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Try a long push (10+ seconds) on that button in the direction normally used to turn it on/off.

If that doesnt work, try a similar long push in whichever direction you would normally use to bring the menu up.

Super idea!

That did it,,,,,,,,,,,more than 10 seconds in the down position. That is the lock and unlock method, 

Problem solved! AOC could have put that in the manual! Several pages devoted to using the OSD and switch but no mention of the locking feature. Oh well

Thanks KK