Opening Up A School In Thailand?

Dear forum,

I have been thinking about moving to thailand some day, it might be just an idea or maybe not.

In Europe I co-own a massagetherapie school. What are the possiblity's of opening a massagetherapie school in Thailand? Maybe aim at spa hotels in thailand or aim at massagtherapists in Europe to vacation and learn at the same time...

I dont speak Thai, I only speak english & dutch. I could learn thai but that would take alot of time.

Thank you for your advice.

With kind regards,

Dieter.

Dear forum,

I have been thinking about moving to thailand some day, it might be just an idea or maybe not.

In Europe I co-own a massagetherapie school. What are the possiblity's of opening a massagetherapie school in Thailand? Maybe aim at spa hotels in thailand or aim at massagtherapists in Europe to vacation and learn at the same time...

I dont speak Thai, I only speak english & dutch. I could learn thai but that would take alot of time.

Thank you for your advice.

With kind regards,

Dieter.

There may be a market in this aimed at people from overseas that want to qualify as masseurs whilst in Thailand. I mean - why not come to Thailand, stay somewhere cheap & leave as a qualified masseur to go back & work in your home country ?

I think it's a good idea - you'll need to contact organisations in the home countries so that people actually find out about you. It's a bit like the Muay Thai scene here - a lot of people from Europe come over here to better their skills.

Perhaps start by looking at Fairtex in Pattaya - they not only train Muay Thai but a range of sports. Everyone knows about Thailand & Muay Thai but how about Thailand & professional Tennis coaching ? It's at Fairtex & people do go there for it. You can be coached by Thais that have been at Wimbledon for next to nothing. They are obviously getting the word out overseas.

The owner of Fairtex is a fairly friendly guy, so perhaps book yourself in there for a few days and seek him out.

Good luck

Pedro

Pedro's advice is pretty sound, and i also think its a good idea.

There are a few Thai massage schools already around, and obviously there is the Wat Pho Thai massage school which is the biggest and i think the original.

Maybe offering a complete package might be something to look at.

Best of luck with it.

Regards

Pedro & Moonfruit, thank you both for your great advice.

I did some searching on Fairtex and I do think the idea is very nice.

I'm going to Thailand in mid march and I'll see how the feeling is with the local people & area and such. So I can decide if its something within our possibility's.

With kind regards,

Dieter.