Taxi from Hat Yai airport to Malaysian Border

hatyaiair

I need to get from the Hat Yai airport (landing at 14:00) to the Malaysian border and then on to Kuala Perlis and ferry to Langkawi and have a short time window to do it all before the last ferry (7pm) departs for Langkawi.  Has anyone done this by taxi in the last year and if so what were the costs and time to get to the border (Dannok / bukit-Kayu Hitman).  I understand there is a new taxi mafia operating at the Hat Yai airport since last year.  I would prefer not to have to go into the city of Hat Yai but go directly from the airport.

You have to pass HYai town anyway, or skirt it on ringroad, I think. Also there is 1 hr time diff. with MY-its later there. DK anything about teksi in MY, except its all bargaining, but there MAY be collective ones. travel time Thai side should be like 70-90 mins, then add border process time (the 2 are some dist apart at the major road crossing). As a start do some simple KM-distance x 10 bt/KM (that would be much more as BKk taxi's charge by meter) and most likely you would have to pay double for empty return.

Archived