What is your favorite olive oil?

CLW

I want to use it occasionally on top of some pasta dishes, as salad dressing or just dip with bread.

Therefore it can be a bit more expensive if the quality and taste justifies the higher price.

I like a strong flavored oil.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Where you're located will help you decide what might be interesting and available.  I'm not shy to ask restaurants or cafe's what they use for certain things, if I enjoyed it.  Ask to buy a bottle from them if they have an interesting brand.  Maybe they ship in their own from somewhere.  A good middle eastern, Italian (or Mediterranean) restaurant uses a lot of olive oil....and most good ones won't jeopardize their recipes with s**t.  Same goes for coffee, herbs and spices... 

Never hurts to ask and make a new connection.

I've had the fragata before. It was good. Now I bought the bertolli, also not bad. A tad less fruity or tasty then the fragata. So I'll probably switch between those two. Big C had another one brand, maybe I'll try it as well.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

I never use Bertolli

The brands that failed to meet the extra virgin olive oil standards, according to this study: Bertolli, Carapelli, Colavita, Star, Pompeian. Eat Grown Local also reports: Filippo Berio, Mazzola, Mezzetta, Newman's Own, Safeway, and Whole Foods in this list; the data may be from the earlier 2010 study when more brands were evaluated.

Archived