EU's Barnier makes last ditch Brexit offer, Britain 'not impressed'

rooster59

16 hours ago, Loiner said:

One group is actively pursuing the will of the referendum majority. The other is doing it best to thwart it. Difficult for them all to be the same.
Sweaties - ask the bloke on the next lathe.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

OK I'll try again, It's not what they are doing (In this case whether they support Brexit or not), but WHO THEY ARE. As much as Leavers like to see themselves as anti-establishment, their leaders are almost all establishment figures, (Exactly like the majority of Remainer leaders). I expect many of them despise the people whose votes they received. 

Sweaty socks/Jocks, I looked it up, my rhyming slang is limited. Strangely enough the Scots don't have an equivalent phrase for the English. Geordies are well liked in my part of Scotland, but as Roy Harper said "The custard stops at Watford".

9 hours ago, nontabury said:

I thought it was the Scottish that migrated to Ireland,on the orders of King James of Scotland, this of course was before the union of Scotland and England. There fore before the formation of the U.K.

Well this is close, although the "Plantation of Ulster" was already underway before James VI of Scotland became James I of England.

"The Plantation of Ulster was presented to James VI & I as a joint "British", or English and Scottish, venture to 'pacify' and 'civilise' Ulster, with at least half the settlers to be Scottish. James had been King of Scotland before he also became King of England and needed to reward his subjects in Scotland with land in Ulster to assure them they were not being neglected now that he had moved his court to London."

• Like 1