Looking for a new computer monitor – Recommendations Please

MrScratch

I’m looking to buy a new computer monitor screen , size from 27 inch to 29 inch But I prefer a Glossy screen and a decent resolution , flat or curved.

Any one have such a computer monitor they purchased in Thailand or know of a model that I can buy here in Thailand that has a glossy screen.

Thanks 

17 minutes ago, MrScratch said:

Any one have such a computer monitor they purchased in Thailand or know of a model that I can buy here in Thailand that has a glossy screen.

Don't quite know what you mean by a "glossy screen" but I have had an LG 20M35 which is now a few years old but still going strong. Had a BENQ before that and that was also ok. 

Banana IT, Powerbuy, Tesco and Big C etc all have good ranges.

Because a flashing screen on laptop I connected it to my samsung 49 inch flatscreen by hdmi  and this do te job fine, this only as  advice for emergency's ….. but I use it now day by day just switching by the distance control 

To be honest I don't know why anyone other than "Purists and Gamers" need anything other than a a full HD LED flat screen TV .

In my workshop I use a Thai built 32" LED  telly bought a couple of years ago for about 5K Baht and its great especially because it has 2 HDMI slots and so I can work on 2 PCs at the same time 

In the house we have a 55" Smart TV to  which I attach a very fast desktop through an HDMI cable that has Kodi and the "beast installed and watch all the TV shows and movies that I need too.

The attached desktop has a 500GB SSD with all the APPS and the windows 10 Pro os on and also a 3TB HDD with all our films, photos, music etc .

I used to use quite expensive "Monitors" but frankly you get used to them just as you get used to  the slightly lower quality picture  from a cheapo THai TV, which I must say are  still definitely very  good quality and I just cannot justify the massive difference in cost between a monitor and a decent LED TV......Just sayin as they say! 

5 minutes ago, n210mp said:

To be honest I don't know why anyone other than "Purists and Gamers" need anything other than a a full HD LED flat screen TV .

In my workshop I use a Thai built 32" LED  telly bought a couple of years ago for about 5K Baht and its great especially because it has 2 HDMI slots and so I can work on 2 PCs at the same time 

In the house we have a 55" Smart TV to  which I attach a very fast desktop through an HDMI cable that has Kodi and the "beast installed and watch all the TV shows and movies that I need too.

The attached desktop has a 500GB SSD with all the APPS and the windows 10 Pro os on and also a 3TB HDD with all our films, photos, music etc .

I used to use quite expensive "Monitors" but frankly you get used to them just as you get used to  the slightly lower quality picture  from a cheapo THai TV, which I must say are  still definitely very  good quality and I just cannot justify the massive difference in cost between a monitor and a decent LED TV......Just sayin as they say! 

I watch movies on my wide screen LG curved monitor.  I like to see the pimples on the actors faces.  I also use the LG to run my stereo speakers and sub woofer.  You can use it as one monitor or split it into 4 screens.

monitor connections.jpg

4 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I watch movies on my wide screen LG curved monitor.  I like to see the pimples on the actors faces. 

monitor connections.jpg

Now you are just "showing off" hahaha (Jealous really)

1 hour ago, MrScratch said:

I’m looking to buy a new computer monitor screen ,

i have a Samsung 43" 4k monitor that is the same as a matrix of 4 1920x1080 monitors side by side. Less than 15,000 baht new in 2018.

My Dell notebook computer is 4k so something like a web browser looks incredible, I can read it across the room.

three HDMI inputs. USB, more.

also has Smart View to quickly "cast" the screen of my Samsung phone on the monitor.

so i know bigger than you were looking for but super easy on the eyes.  

1 hour ago, MrScratch said:

I use a 60" LG 4kUHD tv, cost 20kbht from Lazada (also in Tesco).

The corners are a tiny bit dimmer than the rest of the screen, but apart from that can't fault it.

1 hour ago, Khaeng Mak said:

I am currently staring at two samsung widescreen monitors.  I have had them now for over a decade and touch wood not a single problem.  During the same period I have lost 6 routers to lightning strikes notwithstanding using a ups.

You, and many others need a 

1. Homes are in more need of whole house surge protection today than ever.

“A lot has changed in the home over last few years,” says Pluemer. “There are many more electronics, and even in lighting with LEDs, if you take an LED apart there’s a little circuit board there. Washers, dryers, appliances also have circuit boards today, so there’s a lot more today to be protected in the home from power surges—even the home’s lighting. “There’s a lot of technology that we’re plugging into our houses.”

3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Lazada, InvadeIT, Tukom, Google......use your noggin.

Noggin now that’s a word I have not seen used for some time ????

Ok can YOU now use your Noggin

Show me any where ,  be it at Lazada -  InvadeIT or Tukom that allows me to specifically search 
only for a computer monitor that has only a glossy screen as opposed to a Matt finish screen . 

If you can come up with that option I will be eternally grateful :thumbsup:

Over to you . 

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

Don't quite know what you mean by a "glossy screen" but I have had an LG 20M35 which is now a few years old but still going strong. Had a BENQ before that and that was also ok. 

Banana IT, Powerbuy, Tesco and Big C etc all have good ranges.

Glossy screen as opposed to a Matt screen .

The problem I’m facing is that I cannot find any where on the internet , where I can find a Thailand based seller that gives the option to search for computer monitors that have only glossy screens .

Most Thailand seller web pages allow you to select the Brand / screen size / screen resolution / ports / price - but not select the type of screen ( Glossy or Matt anti glare ) 

The Thailand based sellers do have a wide range of computer monitors , but it would mean trawling through hundreds of model types to try and see if each individual computer monitor actually has a Glossy screen or a Matt screen .

Unless some one knows different :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Mine is 3440 by 1440 almost 4k LG curved 34 inch but I don't know what a glossy screen is. 

LG 21:9 curved UltraWide QHD+ IPS

The screen on the Left is Glossy and on the Right is Matt 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Question-regarding-HP-22vx-IPS-Monitor/td-p/5634741?lightbox-message-images-5634741=139025iCBD15831CAD9EC18

11 hours ago, MrScratch said:

Noggin now that’s a word I have not seen used for some time ????

Ok can YOU now use your Noggin

Show me any where ,  be it at Lazada -  InvadeIT or Tukom that allows me to specifically search 
only for a computer monitor that has only a glossy screen as opposed to a Matt finish screen . 

If you can come up with that option I will be eternally grateful :thumbsup:

Over to you . 

Surely a glossy screen will reflect your mug (face) and what's behind you. A matt screen eliminates this.

I have a Samsung 28 inch 4K jobbie from Invade. Expensive but very good. I also watch movies and footie on a 50 inch Samsung telly, matt screen. Great.

53 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Surely a glossy screen will reflect your mug (face) and what's behind you. A matt screen eliminates this.

I have a Samsung 28 inch 4K jobbie from Invade. Expensive but very good. I also watch movies and footie on a 50 inch Samsung telly, matt screen. Great.

Personally although glossy screen computer monitors can some time be susceptible to glare or reflection from surrounding windows and other light sources , to me a glossy screen looks more vibrant , sharp and the colours seem to jump out . Generally I can see the images on screen more clearly . Having used both a glossy screen monitor and a matte screen monitor ( anti glare ) I find that if I set up my glossy screen monitor in the right environment then I have no problems with the possible surrounding reflections and the benefits far outweigh the glossiness . Where as when using a matte screen monitor it seems to reduce the image definition and looses an amount of crispness and sharpness and over all it tends to look a bit dull and flat .

1 minute ago, MrScratch said:

I find that if I set up my glossy screen monitor in the right environment then I have no problems with the possible surrounding reflections and the benefits far outweigh the glossiness

Do you mean that you look at it from a 45 degree angle in a dark room to prevent your face from reflecting, and have a black curtain set up a few metres away.

The vibrancy in the colour is possibly from either your video card set up, or the quality of the input material or the app used to play it.

Did away with Monitors years ago for PC, last one was a Dell, faultless after 13 or so years, still have it and use it sometimes on the Laptop... 

Last TV was a Panasonic as Monitor, now use as a Bedroom TV........  last 18 months is a 40"    https://th.priceprice.com/Sony-BRAVIA-40-in-KDL-40R350C-15483/

As I see it why pay over double for a smaller screen  ? 

Hi.

Glossy screens may be hard to find I think. You might have to Google for them and then try and find one in Thailand.

Myself I have used Dell screens for 10 years. I had to buy a screen here recently and saw a Dell 2415P. This is only 24" but in 4K.

Because of the clarity and my past history with Dell I was completely unable to create a desire to buy anything else.

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Do you mean that you look at it from a 45 degree angle in a dark room to prevent your face from reflecting, and have a black curtain set up a few metres away.

The vibrancy in the colour is possibly from either your video card set up, or the quality of the input material or the app used to play it.

In the past when I had a glossy computer screen monitor I turned it to the best viewing angle 
that showed the least reflections , and it was fantastic with such vivid colours and crisp images 
well worth having to adjust the screen . The glossy screen gave the same fantastic clear and sharp 
results on ever computer it was ever connected to . 

I think I remember some where an article that pointed out nearly every professional that was involved with computer imaging or video production or any other commercial aspect that requires the images to be shown in the best way possible  , those professionals nearly all of them used some sort of Apple Mac computer all with a ‘’  glossy screen ‘’ . Now that speaks volumes ????

1 hour ago, ignis said:

Did away with Monitors years ago for PC, last one was a Dell, faultless after 13 or so years, still have it and use it sometimes on the Laptop... 

Last TV was a Panasonic as Monitor, now use as a Bedroom TV........  last 18 months is a 40"    https://th.priceprice.com/Sony-BRAVIA-40-in-KDL-40R350C-15483/

As I see it why pay over double for a smaller screen  ? 

Just checked it out :thumbsup:

The glossy screen looks wonderful .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLnParjhVdE

Archived