Brexit fallout on UK finance intensifies: think tank

webfact

10 hours ago, bomber said:

dont forget most benefit scroungers will be expecting an increase in benefits with all the foreigners gone,

You mean the people who couldn’t move 5 streets to get a job who had difficulty with those who moved 5 countries to ‘take’ those from them? 

Edited by samran
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, samran said:

You mean the people who couldn’t move 5 streets to get a job who had difficulty with those who moved 5 countries to ‘take’ those from them? 

?

It's very sad the way more than a few are unable to see how average salaries (let alone those at the bottom of the scale!) have reduced in 'real terms' over the decades.

I can still remember how those at the bottom (just about) could afford to support a family on one wage. Impossible nowadays, but thankfully (????) the govt. has stepped in to provide tax payer money to subsidise companies paying wages below any concept of a 'living wage' in the uk.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

?

It's very sad the way more than a few are unable to see how average salaries (let alone those at the bottom of the scale!) have reduced in 'real terms' over the decades.

I can still remember how those at the bottom (just about) could afford to support a family on one wage. Impossible nowadays, but thankfully (????) the govt. has stepped in to provide tax payer money to subsidise companies paying wages below any concept of a 'living wage' in the uk.....

I don’t disagree with you. In economist speak, the share of productivity growth to labour is stagnant or falling. 

Workers are getting more productive, companies profiting but passing very little on as wages. 

But in my opinion that has more to do with union bashing laws and regulations that discourage collective bargaining than FOM.

Edited by samran
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

?

I’m not sure who it is that are unable to see this.

How supporting a Brexit backed by tax shy billionaires, multimillionaires and hedge-fund managers helps solve the problem is the question I’d like to hear an answer to.

5 hours ago, samran said:

I don’t disagree with you. In economist speak, the share of productivity growth to labour is stagnant or falling. 

Workers are getting more productive, companies profiting but passing very little on as wages. 

But in my opinion that has more to do with union bashing laws and regulations that discourage collective bargaining than FOM.

Your opinion is backed by Government stats.

Members of Unions do earn more than non members.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/10860017/Union-members-4000-a-year-better-off-government-report-suggests.html

• Like 1