Looking to buy newer used 4 door truck

Wake Up

I would like to buy a newer used 4 door truck prefer Toyota or Ford or Isuzu. Any ideas on best place or way to buy a late model used truck. I will pay cash and can buy as soon as practicable. If I don’t get a used truck I plan on buying a truck at the Bangkok Auto Show. First time buyer in Thailand so all advice about price, negotiation and insurance and maintenance is welcome. 

remember that to register the vehicle in your name you will need an acceptable proof of residence from somewhere, yellow house book, driver's license, certificate from your local immigration, etc...when I bought a new pickup 5 years ago I used my US Embassy income affidavit for my retirement extension where you declare your place of residence in Thailand along with your income...

One2Car.com is now in English and has a good selection of used cars, mainly from dealers so not as cheap as you would think. Facebook groups (phuket cars for sale) etc have a lot more from private sellers. I would highly recommend a Ford Ranger over the others, I have a 3.2 Wildtrak which is fabulous and it’s never put a foot wrong. Great car. Sadly I have to sell it soon as it’s too big for my wife - she wants a smaller car. Will be sad to see it go. 

All trucks nowadays rarely go wrong i would go for a Hilux i had one for 10 years and engine wise never had a probrem only changed oil/filters/battery.

Saying that i am sure Isuzu are just as good .(although noisy)

Fords are ok they get a bad name mainly from dodgy gearboxes on there autos .

44 minutes ago, TTSIssues said:

One2Car.com is now in English and has a good selection of used cars, mainly from dealers so not as cheap as you would think. 

Find a truck U like, make an offer.

He balks - walk

Lots of trucks for sale

What we did buying the Teana. Guy called up 90 minutes later, while looking at another, and told the wife he would accept our offer.

Found the car on 12Car

1 hour ago, kwak250 said:

All trucks nowadays rarely go wrong i would go for a Hilux i had one for 10 years and engine wise never had a probrem only changed oil/filters/battery.

Saying that i am sure Isuzu are just as good .(although noisy)

Fords are ok they get a bad name mainly from dodgy gearboxes on there autos .

I've had 3 Ford trucks all autos never had a problem with the GB's

I prefer Mitsubishi but really they are all good. I would suggest a 4 door with automatic transmission just because it is less likely it was used as a commercial vehicle. I visited used dealers a few years ago looking for a Mitsubishi cab 4x4 to make into an off road toy. Auto transmission isn't available on cab trucks and many I looked at were used as commercial vehicles. The dealers would lie until I called them out then say dumb things like "it only delivered eggs". 

I'd go with Toyota.  Solid brand and never any problems at least for me.  I too would stay away from Ford or any other American brand of auto.  Toyota, Nissan, and many other brands beat out the American brands in Consumer Reports ratings every year especially when rating cars.  

Archived