Theresa May wins 'legally binding' Brexit assurances from EU ahead of crucial votes

webfact

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found no clear info on these threads so I ask here,

as far as I understand may-deal was voted over by MPs last night

the no-deal vote was shifted to today

why the shift? to amuse the PM?

since no-deal was shifted I assume may-deal was voted down, what was the result, the numbers?

2 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

since no-deal was shifted I assume may-deal was voted down, what was the result, the numbers?

Huh? Have you been traveling one day into future maybe? 

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes lets wait and see what the Remainer has done. Will it be good enough to get her crappy deal through!

If it is and the UK leave the EU on tghen29th March then there will be a lot of TV posters crying in their breakfasts.????

Either way for me the UK and the EU friendship has hit rock bottom and will be difficult to repair. I know of friends who won't buy anything from the EU countries now. Wine from Chile instead of France and Germany. They are not anti European countries, just anti EU. Seeing the way the EU have demonised, insulted and ridiculed the people of the UK, will not be forgotten for a long time.

Either way TM should go.

People have forgotten this, especially the the bbc and remainers:

brexit.jpg.414bb99ad661770436862761c9dd5376.jpg

4 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Great, hope that ends the whole circus and the UK leaves the EU for good and we can all move on. 

From an European perspective, that’s my first priority, and ideally I’d like it to happen under a deal. Even better would be if the deal was ratified not only by parliament but also by the people, of course. But a referendum would very likely mean that the UK would remain in the EU and that would be my biggest nightmare given how deeply divided, dysfunctional and full of clowns the UK is at the moment, unfortunately. The UK has always been half in and half out, and was never fully committed to the European idea, unfortunately. 

Of course, I understand that’s not what the people of the UK want. For them the best would be to remain. However, our doors will stay open and we will welcome back the UK as a fully committed member once it got rid of all the Brexit cancer. Trying to find something positive in Brexit in  light of businesses leaving and politicians making a fool of themselves, the people will now be able to experience and learn firsthand what happens when you listen to the lies and false promises of some manipulating extremists. 

1. A 2nd Neverendum would deliver a win by a much bigger margin therefore feel free to continue.

2. The EU will implode in it's current format as others opt to leave. As yet I'm not sure who will follow but there are several that are clearly considering it & watching how the unelected, unaccountable & seemingly untouchable muppets in Brussels are treating us. 

HTH

Just now, IssanMichael said:

People have forgotten this, especially the the bbc and remainers:

brexit.jpg.414bb99ad661770436862761c9dd5376.jpg

You are right but I don't believe the 17.4 million have. The remainers and the media who are nothing but establishment mouthpieces.

It looks like some deal has done and even though it is not what I expected I believe from my own opinion before the fanatics start screaming for links that the EU realise that they have the best opportunity with TM the remainer, as PM. If she fails to get a deal through, then a proper leader and believer in Brexit may occur or even a GE, which would throw open a host of possibilities.

Once again time will tell.

9 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

very helpful answer to users seeking straight information

The May deal is being voted on today, after (apparently) the eu agreed to change the agreement re. the backstop.

We're all waiting to hear precisely how the agreement has been changed - in my case, for a good laugh!

19 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

They vote later today. She is widely expected to lose.

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

The May deal is being voted on today, after (apparently) the eu agreed to change the agreement re. the backstop.

We're all waiting to hear precisely how the agreement has been changed - in my case, for a good laugh!

It hasn't. It's a smoke and mirrors job & has been rumbled.

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Either way for me the UK and the EU friendship has hit rock bottom and will be difficult to repair. I know of friends who won't buy anything from the EU countries now. Wine from Chile instead of France and Germany. They are not anti European countries, just anti EU. Seeing the way the EU have demonised, insulted and ridiculed the people of the UK, will not be forgotten for a long time.

that's a new one, now it's the EU that insulted and ridiculed the people from the UK and I thought it was TM.... always easy to say ...""" it's not me it's them"""

22 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

right, ta dd,

guess the changes have a shine of cosmetics on them

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

that's a new one, now it's the EU that insulted and ridiculed the people from the UK and I thought it was TM.... always easy to say ...""" it's not me it's them"""

Have you not been keeping up old chap with the last 2.5 years.

Besides the special place in hell quote for brexiteers.

British people must be punished for Brexit.

Tusk and Juncker have ridiculed those who voted for leave. 

Do your research.

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Have you not been keeping up old chap with the last 2.5 years.

Besides the special place in hell quote for brexiteers.

British people must be punished for Brexit.

Tusk and Juncker have ridiculed those who voted for leave. 

Do your research.

same matter but different opinions, all a matter of interpretation, for me and for a lot of other people TM has been playing the UK people for the past 2.5 years but you don't have to agree, just keep it for yourself

14 minutes ago, Justin Side said:

What a sad bunch of friends you have.

Thanks for reminding me why I no longer live there.

How does your geographic location change anything & how do you know where LG & friends are, inc nationalities of the latter?

4 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

same matter but different opinions, all a matter of interpretation, for me and for a lot of other people TM has been playing the UK people for the past 2.5 years but you don't have to agree, just keep it for yourself

"for me and for a lot of other people TM has been playing the UK people for the past 2.5 years"

Agree entirely.

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

I told you the vote was today already. If you don't believe me then I won't bother trying anymore.

16 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

No I don't agree and I do not try and 'spin something' when I clearly say something is not true.

This place hell, Tusk was on about, you don't think it was a nightclub do you.

5 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

If this doesn't get over the line, watch "no deal" get kicked out, an extension to Article 50, followed by a referendum ... followed by no Brexit at all.

Squeaky bum time for Brexit zealots.

:hit-the-fan:

I was thinking more that the remainers have lost every last hope that the UK will not leave on March 29th. It has been decisively quite on here from the remain gang. I guess some will be selling their nuclear bunkers and selling of their two years supply of plasters and paracetamol.

6 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Without wanting to derail this discussion.

But you entered a trading block, essentially no different to NAFTA.

Wouldn't it have better to have all this discussion before you ratified the Maastricht Treaty, which was a commitment to political union?

Wasn't it Thatcher that signed that? That would have been the time you should have had your referendum  

Thought that was Major? I could be wrong in my old age.

19 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I told you the vote was today already. If you don't believe me then I won't bother trying anymore.

Melvin is a 'decent' poster, although biased towards the remain 'camp'.

No need to alienate the few 'decent' remain posters.

Most of us miss the odd few pages, as we can't be bothered - and I suspect this is why the poster missed your earlier reply.

17 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

If this doesn't get over the line, watch "no deal" get kicked out, an extension to Article 50, followed by a referendum ... followed by no Brexit at all.

Squeaky bum time for Brexit zealots.

:hit-the-fan:

.................... and continued wet-dreaming tine for Remoaners.

Brexit is so close I can almost smell it.

Archived