Every School In The Country Will Be Raided ?

From ajarn.com

I should have a complete list of every school and university that will be raided, c/w the date and a list of teachers who are permitted to work at the school.

Anyone found working on fuzzy degrees or without a work permit will be taken to the immigration holding cells, pending a trial, sentencing and ultimate deportation.

It is a fact Torbek. Every school in the country will be raided

Just as in the 'war on drugs' each province has been given a 'target quota' of dodgy teachers to find and eliminate and, as in the WOD, money is changing hands and names are being given up.

In six months, Thailand will be free of undesirable teachers. No-one without a degree will be allowed near a classroom.

ps. If you are in need of further proof, I know for a fact that a certain number of individuals from this forum, have the same source as I, and I'm not surprised when I read new threads about 'leaving Thailand.....'well, now you know why

Let's see...

1. A poster (whose name isn't given) mentions an un-named "source" mentioning that all schools (numbering in the thousands, most likely) in Thailand will be raided. The poster is apparently arguing with another poster named Torbek, who to the best of my knowledge is one of the few intelligent, level-headed, well-qualified posters still left at Ajarn.

2. The "source" says this is why so many people are talking about leaving Thailand.

Well, it's true that things are getting tougher, and there are *some* raids, and as a result some people are going to be shaken out. I can't really see Immigration running off to the hill tribe schools and checking in the closets for secret foreign teachers, though; they don't seem that hard-working or diligent. I'd guess they'll keep checking the high-profile schools where foreign teachers are known to work (and especially schools that will have the money to pay their fines if necessary).

Scare-tactics like this seem more like trolling, though. If anyone can PM me a reliable "source" on this, I'll let it stay up; otherwise, we don't need to have a redux here of all the unreliable rumours and/or trolling that goes on in another site. I'll give the rumour-mongers a day or two to convince me.

"Steven"

Let's see...

1. A poster (whose name isn't given) mentions an un-named "source" mentioning that all schools (numbering in the thousands, most likely) in Thailand will be raided. The poster is apparently arguing with another poster named Torbek, who to the best of my knowledge is one of the few intelligent, level-headed, well-qualified posters still left at Ajarn.

2. The "source" says this is why so many people are talking about leaving Thailand.

Scare-tactics like this seem more like trolling, though. If anyone can PM me a reliable "source" on this, I'll let it stay up; otherwise, we don't need to have a redux here of all the unreliable rumours and/or trolling that goes on in another site. I'll give the rumour-mongers a day or two to convince me.

"Steven"

The poster is a guy/gal(?) whose named is PoolCleaner. :o

In a previous post he mentioned "a brother-in-law, whose next door neighbour is the maid of one of the top Immigration officials" (sic) :D

Actually it's because I found this story very hard to believe that I decided to post it here at TV where some posters might have more reliable informations.