Fiancee Return To Embassy

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend had her interview today in Bangkok for a fiancee visa to stay with me in England, I was woken up this morning by a tearfully phone call saying that she had not be given her visa, but after talking to her she said the interview went perfectly fine until the end where the 2 ladies interviewing her went outside and discussed things and came back into the room and said that they would'nt be able to issue her visa today, but she has to come back next week with 4 documents they wrote down for her.

Does this mean after she brings the documents to them, they will then issue her visa?

Thanks, any information would be greatly appreciated because my head is up in the air at the minute.

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend had her interview today in Bangkok for a fiancee visa to stay with me in England, I was woken up this morning by a tearfully phone call saying that she had not be given her visa, but after talking to her she said the interview went perfectly fine until the end where the 2 ladies interviewing her went outside and discussed things and came back into the room and said that they would'nt be able to issue her visa today, but she has to come back next week with 4 documents they wrote down for her.

Does this mean after she brings the documents to them, they will then issue her visa?

Thanks, any information would be greatly appreciated because my head is up in the air at the minute.

What are the four documents? If they are highly relevant to the application, then it sounds fine. However, if, say, one was a certificate that she has satisfactorily completed primary school, I'd be worried. Can your girlfriend get these documents?

Hi again, the four documents were phone bills, passport picture, western union receipts and copy of mortgage.

Sounds OK... If the visa was going to be refused - she wouldn't be getting invited back to the embassy, would she?

But - is it your mortgage / her mortgage.

Phone bills is simply checking that you know each other...

Passport Picture (D'oh)

Don't know what they'd want the others for unless it relates to confirming something she said in the interview (you sending money to pay her mortgage?)

If it's your mortgage, it's presumably to confirm that she will have a place to stay, but mortgage paperwork seems a bit excessive for that. Normally just house particulars from the estate agent when you bought it, etc. will do.

Hi again, the four documents were phone bills, passport picture, western union receipts and copy of mortgage.

Sounds OK... If the visa was going to be refused - she wouldn't be getting invited back to the embassy, would she?

But - is it your mortgage / her mortgage.

Phone bills is simply checking that you know each other...

Passport Picture (D'oh)

Don't know what they'd want the others for unless it relates to confirming something she said in the interview (you sending money to pay her mortgage?)

If it's your mortgage, it's presumably to confirm that she will have a place to stay, but mortgage paperwork seems a bit excessive for that. Normally just house particulars from the estate agent when you bought it, etc. will do.

I agree. It still sounds promising ( no guarantees of course ) but if she was gonna be scrubbed immediately, Embassy staff are not shy, they'd have told her NO.

and copy of mortgage

Do I read that to mean she has a mortgage outstanding here in Thailand? And is applying to leave Thailand for what appears to be forever? Maybe they want to make sure the co-signer/mortgage holder are aware of this.