Be warned about strict rules at Padang Besar

3 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Heard bad things that happened Poi Pet, but have only seen one very odd thing.  An IO spent quite a bit of time looking at this westerner's passport.  She then called over a few others to look at it.  They stood around for a few moments talking amongst themselves.  Looking up and staring at traveler then talking among themselves.  Eventually, the IO stamped the pass port and just handed it back without saying anything.  

Maybe it was showing stamps for Iran, Somalia, Yeman and North Korea and Iraq

I was refused at pedang besar because i entered malaysia from thailand with the morning train and later after spending half a day in malaysia i was returning by foot to pedang besar land border. I refused the motorcycle taxi and the motorcycle guys run ahead of me waiting at the immigration. Then he told me to go with him and he lead me to the supervisor office. I asked the female supervisor if i was taken in because i refused the motorcycle ride and she said "yes". She behaved somewhat like i would imagine a south korean military officer. She said i can not enter thailand on the same day as i was leaving. A strange thing is that the motorcycle guy was in the supervisor office the whole time!

1 hour ago, Trollmann said:

I was refused at pedang besar because i entered malaysia from thailand with the morning train and later after spending half a day in malaysia i was returning by foot to pedang besar land border.

She behaved somewhat like i would imagine a south korean military officer.

"North Korean"?

1 hour ago, Trollmann said:

She said i can not enter thailand on the same day as i was leaving. A strange thing is that the motorcycle guy was in the supervisor office the whole time!

Similar is reported at Sadao - must stay out one night first. 

Poipet/Aranya will tell you this also - but then give you a formal denial of entry when you come back the next day like they told you to.

On 3/14/2019 at 9:02 PM, vinniekintana said:

Farangs have to go the office...no more queing at the outside desks 

I'd rephrase that to "Farangs get to go to the office" instead standing in the 2 hour queue with the Malaysians. 

When I crossed at PB, a guy in uniform pulled me out of a ridiculously long line and sent me to "the office", where a lady in uniform told me to take a seat inside.  A few minutes later, the first guy came in and asked why I was sitting in his office, and told me to wait outside, for about 30 seconds before he called me back in. I was on my 5th or 6th visa exempt entry after my WP had expired so I anticipated some issues.  But after convincing him that I was retired and just experiencing a train ride from KL-BKK before repatriating, he politely stamped me in.   I had all the correct info and cash, but didn't have to show any of it.  Sad to hear that it's gotten more convoluted.

• Like 1