USD or EURO ( deposit card for online stuff )

witch one is better in thailand and in generally speaking in SE Asia to have on you, deposit card with euro or usd? 

i mean, for internet transactions sucha as hotel or buying airplane tickets ... i know that, par example, agoda operate with USD only so if i order online from an card fueled with euro.. i may lost something with the exchange rates from my bank from euro to usd.  

so if i have both options (cards w usd or euro ) witch one is better to use in thai /se asia from online stuff ori even from withdrawing from atm ? 

my point is, i think here everything it’s directly related to USD, so if i have an usd account/card i think may i safe some money from the exchange rate from EURO =>USD ( than to baht in case of shopping locally or withdrawals from atm’s ) especially on the long trips ( 4 months ) 

thanks

Edited by andivvv

33 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Whichever is in your local currency...

doesn’t matter. i have 2 accounts ( fueled already with usd and euros ) related to 2 debit cards 

Edited by andivvv

My experience is that for Thai online shops thai baht, eBay usd and aud, and air asia / malindo / lion Singapore Dollar and Malasian Ringit gives you the best rate.

Not seen any Euro currency here, and if then then it is converted from USD, which i prefer not to do.

My main currency is euro, and had it exchanged before to usd and aud when the rate for my feeling was right for me.

Thai baht is my second currency, but I take my left over euro cash when I go travel to Malaysia to exchange to Ringit. (and CIMB or Maybank in Malaysia do have had a e-commerce cash card, to topup, with which you can pay online).

Rgds

1 hour ago, donim said:

My experience is that for Thai online shops thai baht, eBay usd and aud, and air asia / malindo / lion Singapore Dollar and Malasian Ringit gives you the best rate.

Not seen any Euro currency here, and if then then it is converted from USD, which i prefer not to do.

My main currency is euro, and had it exchanged before to usd and aud when the rate for my feeling was right for me.

Thai baht is my second currency, but I take my left over euro cash when I go travel to Malaysia to exchange to Ringit. (and CIMB or Maybank in Malaysia do have had a e-commerce cash card, to topup, with which you can pay online).

Rgds

thanks from you reply. but i think you didn’t understand my question or i wasn’t too clear. 

so let say : i have 2 cards both of them already have euro and usd in the accounts. basically i dont wanna change any currency cos i will loose from the exchange rate, but being here this can not be avoided in some cases ( withdrawal from atm or shopping from local ) 

so, i want know witch card is better to use. mainly i use them only for agoda, airasia and from atm withdrawals from thai or vietnam or indonesia or hong kong. as i know online sites such’a agoda will exchange from your currency to USD ( obviously in agoda case better if you use an card related to an usd account otherwise your bank will exchange the amount from euro, let say, to usd, and always banks have to survive from exchange rates etc... ) but also heard that sites as airasia, or even banks trough atm’ make the conversion to bath related to USD. 

my point is i think beter to have an card with usd but i want know more options in the case i’m wrong or missing something. thanks

Edited by andivvv

It makes no difference if the cards have the same conditions.

If you are in Thailand, items are denominated in Thai baht and even if quoted in US$, will likely be billed in the local currency.  So it will make no difference.

If you are ordering items denominated in US$ and billed in US$, then the US$ card will be best. 

16 hours ago, JamJar said:

It makes no difference if the cards have the same conditions.

If you are in Thailand, items are denominated in Thai baht and even if quoted in US$, will likely be billed in the local currency.  So it will make no difference.

If you are ordering items denominated in US$ and billed in US$, then the US$ card will be best. 

thanks, yes. it make sense.