Gen Prayut, Thanathorn both cleared to go ahead with election

webfact

Gen Prayut, Thanathorn both cleared to go ahead with election

Prayut-and-Thanathorn1-600x340.png

Future Forward party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit has been cleared by the Election Commission of any wrongdoing for allegedly posting misleading information in his biography on the party’s website.

EC secretary-general Jarungvidh Phumma said today that  a complaint filed by Srisuwan Janya of the Thai Constitution Protection Association accused Thanathorn of deliberately making a false claim that he was twice president of the Federation of Thai Industries while, in fact, he was only president of the Nakhon Nayok provincial industrial association

Srisuwan had sought a dissolution of the Future Forward party over the matter. But Jarungvudh said the Election Commission found no grounds to the accusation against Thanathorn and dismissed the case.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/gen-prayut-thanathorn-both-cleared-to-go-ahead-with-election/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-03-15

Meanwhile, the Ombudsman’s Office has ruled that the nomination of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha as a prime ministerial candidate for the Palang Pracharat party is legal because he is not classified as “state official”.

Ombudsman Office secretary-general Raksakecha Chaechai explained that, for someone to be classified as an “official of the state”, he or she must be appointed or elected by law, is authorized to perform duties in accordance with the law under the command or supervision of the state and has a fixed salary or compensation in accordance with the law.

some big contradictions here, if (since)  he's not a "state official"  if he was!!! he would have to be authorized to perform duties in accordance with the law, is he authorized? is he supervised by the state? sorry but am all confuse, thanks for the clarifications

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

Ombudsman Office secretary-general Raksakecha Chaechai explained that, for someone to be classified as an “official of the state”, he or she must be appointed or elected by law

Conclusion: Someone clearly wasn't either appointed or elected by law.

One good thing I read in the BKK post is that Future forward wants to revoke all the media censorship. I thought the normal parties would keep it as it would help them later to consolidate their power. 

Thankfully the Future forward really wants to change things unlike the other parties. I was right about the others thankfully wrong about future forward. Its telling that none of the other parties came out with this plan. 

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

Conclusion: Someone clearly wasn't either appointed or elected by law.

that was the point, he may (or may not) be acting illegally, he was not appointed nor elected, he appointed/elected himself as acting primer, if my recollection is good no foreign government has ever recognized him, it appears !!! but I could be wrong