Question about reporting to immigration in Jomptien after entering Thailand

I came back from Cambodia on a stamp on arrival on March 7th

I heard I need to go to immigration and confirm I'm back in town? Is this true? A while back they charged me a 1600 baht fine, not sure why, my landlord re-reimbursed me....!

How long after coming back do I have to do this?

I heard it can be done online?

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The rules state it has to be done within 24 hours of arrival at the residence. Some offices allow up to 3 days.

So EVERY time I come back into Thailand, from Tourist visa run in Laos, or Cambodia border run, I need to go to immigration the next day and wait in lineups again?....

These visa runs just toast me...next day is very inconvenient...do I have to wait in a lineup? What documents are needed?

10 minutes ago, ikebukuro5 said:

So EVERY time I come back into Thailand, from Tourist visa run in Laos, or Cambodia border run, I need to go to immigration the next day and wait in lineups again?....

These visa runs just toast me...next day is very inconvenient...do I have to wait in a lineup? What documents are needed?

Every time you re-enter the country all the address reporting laws apply as if it were your first entry.

If you’re planning to apply for an extension of stay it’s best to follow the rules/enforcement at your local office.

• Like 1

If you want to give yourself time to rest after the journey, time it so you return home on a Friday or Saturday. That gives you till the following Monday.

I also leave the country a lot and have to make a ridiculous number of TM30 reports each year. This is what I do.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

If you want to give yourself time to rest after the journey, time it so you return home on a Friday or Saturday. That gives you till the following Monday.

I also leave the country a lot and have to make a ridiculous number of TM30 reports each year. This is what I do.

I've never done this in 15 years...is this something new? What documents do I need bring, do I have to wait in line?

7 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

So which office do you report to? Is the TM30 needed for all offices including CW or just Jomtien?

40 minutes ago, ikebukuro5 said:

Its in your own interest to do it, its so immigration can easily contact you in the event you leave your rolex or other goodies in the back of a taxi. Ive always found for simple things at immigration in Jomtien to go about 3.45 pm, the place is like a morgue and in/out within a few minutes...

3 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Its in your own interest to do it, its so immigration can easily contact you in the event you leave your rolex or other goodies in the back of a taxi. Ive always found for simple things at immigration in Jomtien to go about 3.45 pm, the place is like a morgue and in/out within a few minutes...

What documents do I need? Only passport?

22 minutes ago, R123 said:

So which office do you report to? Is the TM30 needed for all offices including CW or just Jomtien?

I'm in Prachinburi.

IOs vary in their requirements.

Most seem to require it if you have left the country.

A fe are reported to want it after any overnight stay elsewhere even within Thailand.

I've never done this in 15 years...is this something new? What documents do I need bring, do I have to wait in line?
Your landlord should do it.

I don't bother telling my landlady I've done a border run except on the one just before i go for an extension at Jomtien.

Jomtien are very strict on this, room 10 is packed with people