Polish man charged after threatening people with a gun in Patong

webfact

Polish man charged after threatening people with a gun in Patong

PHOTOS: Patong Police

55557284_1414497235359117_18167874870837

A Polish man has been charged with carrying a gun in public in Patong, Phuket.

Patong Police report that at 6.20pm last night (Tuesday) they were notified that a man was using a gun to threaten others at a hotel on Pisit Koranee Road in Patong.

Police headed to the hotel to find the Polish man. He denied any knowledge about the gun. Then Police questioned his Thai wife. She took police to a room where she gave the gun to police.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/polish-man-charged-after-threatening-people-with-a-gun-in-patong

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-03-20

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Polish hotel owner charged after threatening staff with gun

By Waranya Prompinpiras

1553083449_1-org.jpg

Blurred photos of the Polish suspect and the firearm and ammunition found at his hotel in Patong. Photo: Patong Police

PHUKET: Police have arrested a Polish man who operates a hotel in Patong after he was accused of threatening his hotel manager with a gun.

Patong Police Deputy Chief Investigator, Lt Col Nikorn Chuthong led a team of officers to a hotel on Pisitgoranee Rd in Patong after being notified by a Thai woman that she was threatened by a man with a gun at 6:20pm yesterday (Mar 19).

The woman, who is a hotel manager, accused the Polish man of threatening her with a gun during an argument about "documents".

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/polish-hotel-owner-charged-after-threatening-staff-with-gun-70785.php#5WBHj71VldYDEoXc.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-03-21

1 hour ago, balo said:

Good , so where did he get the money to run a hotel in Phuket?  From the Polish mafia?

It’s always these prejudices. Not all Poles are Mafia members or steal. There are not more than two or three ... per family. In the neighbouring countries they have the saying: “If today it is stolen- it is tomorrow in Poland”.

Not sure where the complaint came from. She ratted him out pretty quickly. Maybe it was her gun, maybe her way of getting rid of him and keeping all assets in Thailand. I hope the police check for his fingerprints on the gun. Of course, it's probably his, but a little further police work would be nice just to confirm the story. 

This is the adverse publicity that Expats don't need as we are already walking a tight rope. Allegedly this clown owns/runs a business and waving a gun indiscriminately is going to attract punters?? Let's hope he enjoys his enforced stay in surroundings that perhaps may not meet his insane expectations!

"Col Anotai reported that after early investigations, it seems the Polish man is in Thailand on a tourist visa.

“We are also investigating how the man came to own a hotel here,” he said."

Good question, and his name has not been released to the media, which is normal to do here. 

So I guess he is protected somehow. And loaded with money. 

2 hours ago, balo said:

Good , so where did he get the money to run a hotel in Phuket?  From the Polish mafia? Let's hope he will get blacklisted. 

Where did anyone get the money to run their hotel?  Why are you suggesting this one could be the mafia, because he has a gun, like half of households in Thailand, or because he is a Pole?

2 hours ago, Lupatria said:

It’s always these prejudices. Not all Poles are Mafia members or steal. There are not more than two or three ... per family. In the neighbouring countries they have the saying: “If today it is stolen- it is tomorrow in Poland”.

I thought the current Eastern Europe stereotype is Albanians = criminals.

53 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

because he has a gun, like half of households in Thailand

So you are suggesting that half of the farangs living here keep a gun in their household. You must be American. 

This is not normal . 

1 hour ago, balo said:

So you are suggesting that half of the farangs living here keep a gun in their household. You must be American. 

This is not normal . 

Nope, not suggesting that, why did you avoid my question and pretend that I said something I didn't?

18 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

I think the Polish man will be clocking up some air miles very soon????

what makes you know how dumb he is , that police only have to get CCTV of the places where he was to prove he was carrying a gun , sometimes it makes you wonder where their brain is !!  time for a ban for life from thailand and possible jail time for wasting police time 

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

It would be graphic if not blurred.  I believe the concept is to avoid the glorification of guns.

Well glorify we shall, it looks like a Glock 26, subcompact 9mm, I think a Thrd generation with standard sights. About $699 retail in the USA. Decent carry gun, but ergonomically not the best. So where would he get that gun here then?

Archived