Ireland Passport renewal

My Ireland passport has expired. I know I can apply online for a replacement. I don't understand the proof of residency requirements and the documents needed. I have a yellow book and I have a pink card. I have a bank account at Bangkok Bank. I have a vehicle and insurance for the vehicle. Will any of these things be useful to me to prove residency?

If resident outside of Ireland - one of the following: original passport from another country, national ID card, social security card OR. a certified copy of your driver's license (certified by a solicitor or notary public). ANDProof of name, e.g. original utility bills, bank statements, government correspondence.

The driving licence and bank statement works for me as proof of residence when applying for a certificate of residence at the Irish Embassy.

10 hours ago, Mike45 said:

So are you saying that I need to get a certificate of residence from the Irish embassy first using the documents you suggested?

Nope, not what I said, but it could also work to prove your residence in Thailand.

If your passport is expired less than 5 years and was issued after 2005 and the first letter of your expired passport begins with the letter L or P then you can apply online without providing any additional documents, you only need follow the online steps to apply for a new passport from anywhere in the world and upload a digital photo. They will send the passport to your home address or to the nearest embassy if the postal system is deemed unsafe.

To apply using the Online Passport Renewal Service you will need your current passport, a digital photograph, an email address and a credit/debit card.

Take a look at the online renewal application at www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/top-passport-questions/documentary-requirements-passport-applications/

Archived