May gets two-week Brexit reprieve from impatient EU

webfact

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The same could be said for Edinburgh New Town.

It’s still a wonderful place to live.

The difference being in the Gorbals, the most common accent is eastern European. On Princes Street it's Chinese. But yes, would be amazing to live there.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, tebee said:

It's because one reason Scotland decided to stay in the union in 2014 was because it didn't want to lose it's EU membership if it left.

They feel cheated now.

One reason Scotland is happy in the EU is people there are much better educated. Another is they don't have the anti EU right wing press we do. Scottish papers are much more balanced.

I haven't seen one in a while but they never miss the opportunity to bash the English whenever I do.

5 hours ago, Spidey said:

Sun, Daily Star, Mail, Express, Telegraph, Times ?

The Sun and Daily Star I don’t know, you’ll have to ask bomber on those.

The Telegraph and the Times tend to be more remain than Brexit.

That leaves the Express and the Daily Mail. These two newspapers did in deed tend,towards the leave campaign, however that changed in early 2018 when they changed their editors to people who are definitely remainers, Gary Jones and Georgie Greig the son of Sir Carron Greig, he has been referred to as a staunch remainer by the Guardian. Just like his boss Lord Rothmere the chairman of DMG media group.

95B895B6-3D16-4AD8-ABBB-AA7AE8680D18.jpeg

On 3/23/2019 at 1:50 PM, dick dasterdly said:

They've had nearly 3 years to talk about a trading deal, but for reasons known only to themselves - preferred to leave this as the last item on the agenda - and the may/eu deal STILL talks about negotiating a trade deal in the future!

Well isn't that upsetting for you. Having Kamikaze no-deal Brexiteers around doesn't exactly help.

8 hours ago, Spidey said:

The difference being in the Gorbals, the most common accent is eastern European. On Princes Street it's Chinese. But yes, would be amazing to live there.

I like the New Town area of Edinburgh, but the old town has a great deal of charm. Great place to visit in August, Festival time.

15 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

Swedish msm dn.se refers to Sunday Times and

claims that the vast majority of her ministers will have a go

at pressing TM to resign tomorrow.

Good to see we are on the same page re The Union - all the more reason to stay in the Eu then which will frustrate those who wish to break it up. 

20 minutes ago, tebee said:

This is more remain ?

D2dMVzHX0AEdGlb.jpg

Pretty much what his wife said to him when she found out he was playing away again with a much younger model. Snazzy haircut looks like he has had to raise his game to keep her happy. A man who repeatedly lies to his wife for no good cause except his own venality is not a man to be trusted IMHO. Now I shall have a go at reading this Eton elitist bilge from self-appointed man of the people and accomplished liar. 

Image result for boris brexit quote 

8 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I like the New Town area of Edinburgh, but the old town has a great deal of charm. Great place to visit in August, Festival time.

It's lovely we take it over and celebrate diversity. A world-class place that will have problems with EU performers post Brexit.

https://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/culture/edinburgh-festivals/brexit-could-have-a-disastrous-impact-on-edinburgh-international-festival-1-4776482

7 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

The Times is pro EU. You would have had a point with the Sunday Times at the referendum time but this has now changed.. Same with the Sun.

It's the other way round surely - Sunday Times is pro-EU, Times is anti-EU?

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

No changed after the new editor of the Sunday Times. Certainly were during the referendum but very Pro EU now.

So three Britexit backing newspapers, have now on replacement of their editors, changed to supporting remaining in the E.U. Especially as at least two of those people are staunch remainers. 

But of course we do have an independent media 555.

13 hours ago, nontabury said:

So three Britexit backing newspapers, have now on replacement of their editors, changed to supporting remaining in the E.U. Especially as at least two of those people are staunch remainers. 

But of course we do have an independent media 555.

No conspiracy there of course. All coincidental.????????

I am looking forward to the next GE. Whenever that is to see those self serving, arrogant MP's get the bullet from their constituents. Obviously they feel superior and that they know best. The HoC like the HoL is an absolute disgrace and I have to say I am embarrassed to be British at the moment, with these lot.

Regardless of your political believes it shows that the MP's represent themselves and their interests. here is hoping Karma deals them their desserts earlier rather than later.

Monty Python and his Flying Circus as new cabinet.
Benny Hill for PM[emoji6]

I am looking forward to the next GE. Whenever that is to see those self serving, arrogant MP's get the bullet from their constituents. Obviously they feel superior and that they know best. The HoC like the HoL is an absolute disgrace and I have to say I am embarrassed to be British at the moment, with these lot.

Regardless of your political believes it shows that the MP's represent themselves and their interests. here is hoping Karma deals them their desserts earlier rather than later.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived