Compound Water Or City Water Supply

PattayaDavid

I live on one of the housing compounds off of Wat Bunyasamphan Road (Soi Khaw Noi).  One of the reasons why I purchased here was the fact that the compound had it's own underground water supply.  I had previously heard that the Pattaya city water supply was sub

tandard.  Stories of low water pressure and at times, no water helped to solidify my decision to live on a comp

und which provided it's own water

supply to it's occupants. 

It has just come to my attention, through a fault of the compound management, th

t they had been incorrectly reading

the individual water meters and undercharging the occupants.  They have correcte

this mistake, but now my water bill

has increased 6 or 7 fold.  I have also learned that the compound management charges 25 baht per unit of water.  I'm

not sure, but I have been told that the charge for Pattaya city water is around 10 to 12 baht per unit.

My question, if I were to switch over to Pattaya city water, can I expect to have low water pressure and periods of when I receive no water at all?  My current inlet pressure from the compound water ranges between 25 & 30 PSI then it is boosted to 45 PSI by my own pump system.  What kind of water pressure can I expect from the city water

in the Soi Khaw Noi area north of Sukhumvit Road and will my own pump system sti

l be able to boost the pressure 

to 45 PSI?

Bottom line, should I changeover to Pattaya city water?  Would you?

Thanks,

Pattaya David 

I live on one of the housing compounds off of Wat Bunyasamphan Road (Soi Khaw Noi).  One of the reasons why I purchased here was the fact that the compound had it's own underground water supply.  I had previously heard that the Pattaya city water supply was sub

tandard.  Stories of low water pressure and at times, no water helped to solidify my decision to live on a comp

und which provided it's own water

supply to it's occupants. 

It has just come to my attention, through a fault of the compound management, th

t they had been incorrectly reading

the individual water meters and undercharging the occupants.  They have correcte

this mistake, but now my water bill

has increased 6 or 7 fold.  I have also learned that the compound management charges 25 baht per unit of water.  I'm

not sure, but I have been told that the charge for Pattaya city water is around 10 to 12 baht per unit.

My question, if I were to switch over to Pattaya city water, can I expect to have low water pressure and periods of when I receive no water at all?  My current inlet pressure from the compound water ranges between 25 & 30 PSI then it is boosted to 45 PSI by my own pump system.  What kind of water pressure can I expect from the city water

in the Soi Khaw Noi area north of Sukhumvit Road and will my own pump system sti

l be able to boost the pressure 

to 45 PSI?

Bottom line, should I changeover to Pattaya city water?  Would you?

Thanks,

Pattaya David 

It certainly sounds like you are being overcharged at 25 Baht/unit. Pattaya City water works on a rising scale which runs from 7.75Baht/unit for the 1st 10 units used up to a maximum of 15 Baht/unit for usage over 3000 units. As most peoples usage I would guess would be in the 20-60 unit range I wouldn't envisage bill in excess of 750 Baht unless you're watering a golf course!! My own comes out at around 200 Baht per month for 20 units.

As far as reliability of supply goes, it isn't! Almost everyone in our village has now given in a bought a water tank which we use with our own pumps to give constant pressure. I also had a bypass system installed so that in the event of the power going off I can still use water direct from the City and not have to rely on the pump. Most times when the power has gone off I've found the pressure higher from the mains than through my pump. A word of warning here, with the quality of plumbing usually installed in Thai houses it is probably best to use as little pressure as you can bear to avoid overdue stress on joints. :o

gmac

Edited by gmac

I live on one of the housing compounds off of Wat Bunyasamphan Road (Soi Khaw Noi). One of the reasons why I purchased here was the fact that the compound had it's own underground water supply. I had previously heard that the Pattaya city water supply was substandard. Stories of low water pressure and at times, no water helped to solidify my decision to live on a compound which provided it's own water

supply to it's occupants.

It has just come to my attention, through a fault of the compound management, that they had been incorrectly reading

the individual water meters and undercharging the occupants. They have corrected this mistake, but now my water bill

has increased 6 or 7 fold. I have also learned that the compound management charges 25 baht per unit of water. I'm

My question, if I were to switch over to Pattaya city water, can I expect to have low water pressure and periods of when I receive no water at all? My current inlet pressure from the compound water ranges between 25 & 30 PSI then it is boosted to 45 PSI by my own pump system. What kind of water pressure can I expect from the city water

in the Soi Khaw Noi area north of Sukhumvit Road and will my own pump system still be able to boost the pressure

to 45 PSI?

Bottom line, should I changeover to Pattaya city water? Would you?

Thanks,

Pattaya David

Have you checked with the Water Co. to see if it is possible to change over to city water. Its my understanding that it is only possible once the ownership of the roads in the moo baan have been handed over to the council.