Clearance Sale

basjke

Went to homepro pattaya today.There was a big stand in the back with a large banner that said "clearance sale 10-80%".On thew table there were a lot of items,at least over 100 different,and especially electronic stuff like waterheaters,microwaves,rice cookers,security locks and so on.As I am building a new house I can use many of those things now so it was a good opportunity.However I noticed that everything had the normal pricetag on so I asked one of the sales staff how to calculate the discount.She told me that only items with a red price tag were clearance and indeed after going over all the things I found about 5 items that had a red pricetag.It were small items like some screws,anti slip tape and a few more,all items that sold at a normal price of below 100 baht.My question now is,aren't there any laws regarding consumer protection in thailand or is this a genuine Homepro ripoff.If this happens in europe for sure the store get sanctioned for illegal practices but here in thailand everything seems to be possible.

Also the other day I saw in big c a stand that was selling food products at a reduced price.Only the food products had a expiry ate that had passed 6 months already.

I can confirm that sales notices are not to be trusted. My particular favourite offender is Carrefour who frequently will show sale prices on items where they have in fact just increased in price. I made a note of one particular item I purchased for 167 Baht, which, 2 days later was being sold at 245 Baht - Reduced from 299 Baht!! This not an isolated occurence as I shop there all the time and see it regularly.

gmac

• 2 weeks later...
I can confirm that sales notices are not to be trusted. My particular favourite offender is Carrefour who frequently will show sale prices on items where they have in fact just increased in price. I made a note of one particular item I purchased for 167 Baht, which, 2 days later was being sold at 245 Baht - Reduced from 299 Baht!! This not an isolated occurence as I shop there all the time and see it regularly.

gmac

Never buy the heavily reduced elctrical goods in Big C. They are all faulty.

I bought a Philips Hi Fi recently there. The CD player was NG.

When I took it back they said it was sold as seen. But the receipt does not reflect that.

So I took it to a repair shop and it cost me 2000bht to get it fixed......