any new news on IDD/Bangkok bank

is Bangkok bank still making you have a separate savings account where you physically have to go into the bank to get your money from direct deposit?

when and if they ever get the IDD up and running are you going to have to go to the bank or can the money be transferred direct to a regular savings account? 

Yes...you have to have a special Direct Deposit account with Bangkok Bank and Bangkok Bank is still setting them up for payment via the ACH system (i.e., using the Bankgok Bank New York branch routing number).

The SSA has still not fully flipped the switch to on for IDD...still in the "testing" phase.   So, until SSA flips the switch to on, SSA will not enrolled anyone into IDD for Thailand. 

One of my family member sent a IDD signup form to the Manila SS Office almost a month ago....Manila acknowledged receipt but said they can not process the form yet as the IDD for Thailand is still in the testing phase.  Last time I followed up by a phone call and email approx two weeks ago, I got the same "still in testing" answer.