Dubia Duty-free

bomber

How do you mean.........."staying in Dubai"?

Do you mean a stopover enroute to LOS?

If so then there IS duty free shops in Dubai International with a turnover of $600 million plus

You will need to google for the allwances, but should be the usual 200 cigarettes, 1 litre of "hard" booze etc

HTH

Penkoprod

when arriving and staying in dubia,can you buy duty-free,and what are your limits.

stopped in DXB about two weeks ago and stayed for a few days. on arrival i bought six bottles of Black Label for some friends living in Dubai who can buy only at fancy black market prices or have a drink in a hotel bar (price even fancier!).

nobody told me about any restrictions and i had no problems to pass customs with the duty free bags clearly visible on my trolley.

when arriving and staying in dubia,can you buy duty-free,and what are your limits.

stopped in DXB about two weeks ago and stayed for a few days. on arrival i bought six bottles of Black Label for some friends living in Dubai who can buy only at fancy black market prices or have a drink in a hotel bar (price even fancier!).

nobody told me about any restrictions and i had no problems to pass customs with the duty free bags clearly visible on my trolley.

were ciggarettes available to buy?

Dubai, and in fact all of the Gulf states duty free used to be the envy of the world, until around the early 1990's.

Now it is just average. Don't be fooled. Also remember if electronic goods go wrong they have a UAE receipt/guarantee.

If you are British: alcoholic spirits and cigs are well priced, but U.K. allowance is just 1 litre and 200 cigs.

Check out the DVD section. DVD's are generally GBP 8 and sometimes the muppets price up doubles and treble DVD sets at GBP 8 as well. I got a BBC quad DVD set for GBP 8 :list price in U.K. was GBP 35.

were ciggarettes available to buy?

of course!