moving money out of THAILAND

does anyone know best way to send money from bkk to usa bank....

Lots of ways... but I think you need to know some specifics of the money - what’s it’s origin, the total amount, the timeline that it must arrive in the US, your (as the sender) and the receivers risk tolerance to loss (in the case of carrying cash) and fees.

I’ve done lots of international transfers via BBL to my US account - but since I work, and have supplied my work credentials to BBL, the process is quite easy... I’ve also taken cash - in excess of $10,000... and so long as I’ve filed the required US FINCEN form upon arrival, the matter went smoothly.. I’ve done it a few times with a paper bank check (which if over $10,000 still requires FINCEN) and that too was incident-free.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, new2here said:

Lots of ways... but I think you need to know some specifics of the money - what’s it’s origin, the total amount, the timeline that it must arrive in the US, your (as the sender) and the receivers risk tolerance to loss (in the case of carrying cash) and fees.

I’ve done lots of international transfers via BBL to my US account - but since I work, and have supplied my work credentials to BBL, the process is quite easy... I’ve also taken cash - in excess of $10,000... and so long as I’ve filed the required US FINCEN form upon arrival, the matter went smoothly.. I’ve done it a few times with a paper bank check (which if over $10,000 still requires FINCEN) and that too was incident-free.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

thanks....i do not work and after my visa is finish with this new law i want to send back some of the money i sent here but found out transferwise does not do this...just wanted to know if anyone had a problem send money back... easy to get here ... lol... but now sure of the other way around as most things here seem to be not so easy... .....

1 hour ago, gonesouth7 said:

thanks .. i will check them out....

There are multiple threads about them.

A comprehensive one is this:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1067993-my-experience-using-deemoney/

Contrary to the text on their website it seems possible to register without visiting one of their offices.

(not interesting to me as they can't transfer to Euro countries)

Edited by KhunBENQ