Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Dirty Beach

Pravda

I used to come to hua hin during my backpacking days, stayed in cheap guesthouses and enjoyed the beach. That was 15 years ago. Right now I'm staying at Hilton and instead of using the pool I opted for the beach. As soon as I went in I encountered trash, plastic bags mostly and some other unidentified matter. This is truly revolting as I often go to short trips to Pattaya and it isn't this bad.

Also I notice a huge amount of retired people. It seems like the younger folk has completely forgotten the place. Wife used to do internship at the Hilton (which she told me was Melia hotel before being taken over) and she shares my sentiments. However everyone does seem a bit more sane than Pattaya.

1 minute ago, observer90210 said:

why would anybody bother to clean up as there are still people willing to go, pay the inflated rates all over, spend at an unrealistic high THB exchange rate and swim in polluted waters ...

That can only last for so long. Either the government wakes up or suffer the consequences of long term slump once the word of mouth spreads. Thailand is not the god. Everyone eventually pays the price for ignorance.

1 hour ago, Pravda said:

That can only last for so long. Either the government wakes up or suffer the consequences of long term slump once the word of mouth spreads. Thailand is not the god. Everyone eventually pays the price for ignorance.

The problem with plastic and garbage is not restricted to Thailand that's the problem.Wherever you go on the coast of the planet you will get plastic,it's disappointing the way the Thais just drop their waste everywhere,it's gross when I walk along beach road in Jomtien late afternoon the bins are overflowing and stinking the pavement is stained from food and drink,I saw a brand new garbage truck but the green bins were broken the bit that the hoist hooks onto had broken off and to see the guys trying to wrap bits of rope round the bins to attach to the hoist was farcical so of course they spilt loads onto the road.Dogs, Garbage and plastic are the things that have finally driven me to look elsewhere for my winter break. 

Archived