Boris Johnson says PM May's Brexit deal is 'dead': Evening Standard newspaper

webfact

5 hours ago, Loiner said:

The current Withdrawal Act is the law, which trumps your ‘not leaving without a deal’. It does not require any kind of deal.
A second referendum is still less likely than you hope, but hey hoe another referendum and blast right through the Remainer plot, without the bad deal.

Are you not setting up the party for tonight? I thought we were leaving the EU today? Did you not predict that?

:hit-the-fan:

Makes me wonder what else you are getting wrong?

:cheesy:

Go and live in 2 areas for coupla months..Pollokshields n Govanhill n come back to me
I know all too well the problems from glaswegian scum..the 'newbies " have added massively yo exidting problems

Are you actually trying to convince us that Glasgow's hard drug problem is not only new but also in some way linked to immigration?  Pull the other one, its been over ridden with smack my whole life.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tlandtday said:

Exactly as I have figured.  Let the people vote and if you don't like the result you simply negate Brexit.  Keep voting until it is defeated.  The elites win again. 

I have yet to find a Brexiteer who could explain how that “Keep voting until it is defeated” practically works. Typical hogwash. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So he is saying what he said months ago and we all know. The deal is dead. Maybe TM and the EU should realise it also but both their arrogance seems won't allow it.

Dead and yet Johnson is going to vote for it. 

"Vassal state, half in half out, still abiding by EU rules, still paying in and the EU having the final say with the back stop.  The worst deal possible and totally letting down the British people!"

Funny how all those politicians who are "doing their best to deliver Brexit because that's what the people voted for" have just stuck a middle finger up to all those voters.  Fortunately for them, many of those voters are too blinkered to see it!   

• Like 1

Are you not setting up the party for tonight? I thought we were leaving the EU today? Did you not predict that?
:hit-the-fan:
Makes me wonder what else you are getting wrong?

We’re in ‘The Lek Nana’ a new Wetherspoons (Thailand) in Sukhumvit. Not the type of place Remainers could deign to frequent, even for Tim’s cheap Heineken?[emoji481][emoji483][emoji482]????[emoji485]????
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Funny how all those politicians who are "doing their best to deliver Brexit because that's what the people voted for" have just stuck a middle finger up to all those voters.  Fortunately for them, many of those voters are too blinkered to see it!   

They're the British equivalent of Trump's base. Johnson has such a big majority in his constituency that his support could collapse and he'd still keep his seat. particularly as he will probably be PM come the next election. 

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

They're the British equivalent of Trump's base. Johnson has such a big majority in his constituency that his support could collapse and he'd still keep his seat. particularly as he will probably be PM come the next election. 

In fact Trump has said that he endorses Johnson to become the next PM.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

If I were a Brit, I would be a Remainer, but - as has been made clear on many many occasions in just about every democracy in the world - if you don't vote, not only do you not count but you don't get counted.

Really, if you don't vote on an advisory referendum then you "don't count", I think you will find you just made that up, everyone counts in our country, thanks.  The claim was that Leave was the majority choice, when in reality is was a three way split with no clear majority.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So he is saying what he said months ago and we all know. The deal is dead. Maybe TM and the EU should realise it also but both their arrogance seems won't allow it.

Please tell where you / the British want the border between UK and EU. That's all. Even about that, the British cannot come to a conclusion/agreement. The EU is finally going to do, what they should have done with Thatcher: "LEAVE "! 

For Denmark, NL, B, F, Spain, Portugal quite a loss in export, but also a big cut in competition from the UK and.. quite some industries and businesses moved / going to move to there.

8 hours ago, blazes said:

A toff on a bike.  Boris will bring fun back to Brexit when May is here and May is gone.....

see for instance "investment in uk car industry plummets amid brexit uncertainty", and you will understand the "fun"= time enough to play carsds, as..nio jobs anymore. Mini to Born (NL), Honda back to Japan ( no import duty into the EU), Nissan banckrupt…, Airbus withdrawn… 

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

Will that be after you learn how to do percentage calculations? It was the majority choice.
Maybe that’s why you think trade deal negotiations are also too difficult.

Yes, an historic , overwhelming, landslide, above any dream majority of 51,88 %. Only a mare 48,11 % voted for "remain". So, why uyopu British did not leave per direct ? Close the N-S Irish border, and stay on your own ? 

2 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

No, that was not what we were talking about, we were talking about Leave supporters claiming to have a majority opinion, a claim that doesn't stand up to the most basic of scrutiny, 2/3 of the populous either support Remain or do not give a damn, 2/3 of the populous do not support their agenda, 2/3 of the populous will not be crying when Brexit is cancelled, get that one through your head, Leave is a minority opinion.

Therefore it should be wise to have Always two additional choices:

a) go on together, I an neutral / satisfied with whatever comes out.

b) none of the above

2 hours ago, Basil B said:

Pickfords van in Downing St...

Again .  

Red  Bus , on standby ,  transport for JC to Downing street , sometime soon .

You have been warned .

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

Possibly one reason the Tories do not want to fight European Elections.

They are skint...

Article in the FT wednesday states that the Conservative have only £1.5million in the bank as traditional backers are turning their backs on the Tories over brexit.  

would like to copy it here but looks like the FT has a clear copyrite notice on this, but you can read it at https://www.ft.com/content/ec9ee89c-a1a7-3c88-a8c3-3818f3781d4f 1/4 of the way down under the heading, "Conservative Party coffers run dry".

40 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Please tell where you / the British want the border between UK and EU. That's all. Even about that, the British cannot come to a conclusion/agreement.

You are talking about the MP's who are supposedly meant to represent the constituents and deliver the result of the referendum. Do we have to have a border? Or as hard border as you seem to be implying.

43 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

The EU is finally going to do, what they should have done with Thatcher: "LEAVE "! 

Are you trying to say the EU are going to leave the EU? I hope so or the UK leaves the EU. It seems that the politicians are doing their very best to stop that.

45 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

For Denmark, NL, B, F, Spain, Portugal quite a loss in export, but also a big cut in competition from the UK and.. quite some industries and businesses moved / going to move to there.

Don't forget Eire who will be decimated in their economy.

Hopefully the UK will be rid of the EU shackles and free to trade with who they want without the bureaucratic EU telling everyone what to do.

• Like 2

The UK is firmly under the grip of fanatical nationalists. I'm sorry for the young people in the UK. Fortunately, many people in the UK have a more moderate view of things than some fanatics here, who post since 3 years, each day 16 hours their Antieuropean hatred.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

He appears to be saying he thinks it's a dead deal, because as he repeatedly said it's a crap deal, but he's prepared to vote for it, no matter how bad it is, if it helps him get rid of May and gives him the chance of her job.

And some are daft enough to wants this two faced lying toad as PM!

55 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Go back and read all the threads we have been saying them for the last 3 years and bored of constantly repeating ourselves.

Although I have a feeling you will not see it that way. Such as having the autonomy of not having the EU dictate who you can trade with and who you can't and with what conditions.

One of the main arguments was and always has been that we would be better off out of the EU so all the county's decisions could be made by Parliament and the government who could govern us better.

Really looks like they can!

• Haha 1