Tires advise please

Hi All, looking to replace all 4 tires with Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 (k120) 255/35/19, but at the moment all shops out of stock, Hankook Bangkok do not know when next available, have had these before on an M5, and Mazda RX8, no problems, excellent grip.

But advised by another tire outlet that Apollo Aspire 4G, would be a good alternative. Both these brands are high performance, good for 400 Kilometers an hour.

But am not able to find out much info on The Apollo.

Any useful advise.

Thank you.

Regards

Tom 

6 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Yes exaggeration indeed which is  just the normal delusional pick-up driver who thinks his truck is quick whereas, given the agricultural suspension, its just that 100 KPH just seems like 400 KPH to him.

Don't think you understood his post....????

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Don't think you understood his post....????

Perhaps you could illucidate on his claim then as in fact he states both brands of tyres are good for 400 KPH. !!! Manufactures speed rating  for Hancook (and most others)  do not give a tyre speed rating for 400 KPH . Something I think you did not grasp.

4 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Perhaps you could elucidate on his claim then as in fact he states both brands of tyres are good for 400 KPH. !!! Manufactures speed rating  for Hancook (and most others)  do not give a tyre speed rating for 400 KPH . Something I think you did not grasp.

The OP did not mention his ride.....YOU assumed a delusional  pickup driver....?

Personally, I swear by Michelins for durability and grip, although I doubt the manufacturer would claim 400 km/hr.

It will be interesting to see how many broken axles and airborne leaps the OP will accumulate driving at high speeds on Thai roads.

As far as I know, Apollo is not bad, especially after they bought Vredestein a couple of years ago. Much of the technology to produce high performance tires has come from Vredestein. Now, I would recommend taking a look at a Vredestein dealer in Bangkok as they make some really good tires and are new to the Thai market (relatively) and not that expensive I believe.

For those wondering about the speed specification - a Y spec (like @DavisH mentioned Michelin Pilot Sport 4) is rated to 300km/h ????

"
When the Y-speed rating indicated in a service description is enclosed in parentheses, such as 285/35ZR19 (99Y), the top speed of the tire has been tested in excess of 186 mph, 300 km/h indicated by the service description as shown below:

285/35ZR19 99Y    186 mph, 300 km/h
285/35ZR19 (99Y)    in excess of 186 mph, 300 km/h
"

From some tire tech info site ????

image.png.d02318bcfc8ba90a0e1a2979dc1885d6.png

Edit: PS. I'm just looking for new tires myself, so thought of going with Michelin PS4, instead of my old Linglongs - why I had the pic readily available ???? 

46 minutes ago, tomtaylor1 said:

Hi All, sorry a mistake, speed rating Y. 300 kilometers per hour. Car speed limited to 155 miles per hour.

Regards

Tom

Think most of us saw you made a minor mistake but knew what you were discussing...????

Archived