Chiang Mai and Khon Kaen Universities students' petition calls for dissolution of EC

snoop1130

Chiang Mai and Khon Kaen Universities students' petition calls for dissolution of EC

b9d9dfb7ee50ec936dea079ace067ae1-sld.jpeg

Photo : LRDC's Facebook

Chiang Mai University students on Friday joined others in universities across Thailand in soliciting signatures to support a motion to dissolve the Election Commission (EC).

They alleged that the EC’s organisation of the March 24 election was not transparent and there were questions about the delay in announcing the results.

The EC has not yet declared the results of the election and the anti-junta side alleges that the EC of dragging its feet in its bid to help the pro-junta Palang Pracharat party.

The Pheu Thai Party, that appeared to obtain more parliamentary seats than Palang Pracharat, has repeatedly called for the EC to release the number of votes in detail.

Chiang Mai University students on Friday collected signatures at the Faculty of Law buildings.

Students, lecturers and other people were seen lining up to sign up for the dissolution of the EC.

Watcharapat Thammachak, president of the Law Faculty’s students club, said that most of the students agreed that the national election was not transparent and questions about of the results of the election were not answered. 

Watcharapat said that the signatures gathered will be added to those from other universities.

Meanwhile students of Khonkaen University in the Northeastern University also conducted a similar campaign.

Most people criticised the EC’s delay in releasing the official results of the election.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30366799

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-29

1 hour ago, Khaeng Mak said:

For the life of me I cannot see how all of this is not going to end in violence.

Unfortunately, it is starting to look like you may be right.  Petitions will be ignored, leading to marches & sit-ins, which in turn will lead to armed troops in the streets.  ????

• Like 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Maybe it's time to read the constitution.

I believe that to impeach a member of the EC requires three-fourths vote of the NLA.

Not going to happen with the pro-junta Palang Pracharat party.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Maybe it's time to read the constitution.

I believe that to impeach a member of the EC requires three-fourths vote of the NLA.

Not going to happen with the pro-junta Palang Pracharat party.

I do not think it matters that nothing can actually come of these petitions. Along with the pro-democracy parties joining forces it all puts pressure on the Junta.  I foresee, in the not too distant future, Chan-Ocha will turn to his side kick Prawit and, with tears in his eyes, he will utter the famous line "Infamy, infamy..... they've all got it in for me!"