Thai man who raped 10 year old: When I get out of jail I'll marry you

rooster59

Thai man who raped 10 year old: When I get out of jail I'll marry you

rape.JPG

Image: Daily News

A Korat man who repeatedly raped a ten year old girl stunned investigators when he told them that when he gets out of jail he will marry the child and live with her as man and wife. 

Katphon "Tai" Chartpheuak from Sida in Narorn Ratchasima had befriended 10 year old "A" from Nong Bua Lamphu online. They had chatted on Facebook for two months and he arranged to meet her at her house. 

He arrived on his motorbike in the early hours of the morning on Wednesday last week. She went with him as he promised her gold and a new phone. 

Her grandmother reported her missing at daybreak and a police hunt began.

Tai first took the child to Korat where the first rape occurred. He then took her on a 700 kilometer journey encompassing several provinces until they ended up in Chantaburi going via Rayong. 

He was arrested in a joint operation by Nong Bua Lamphu and Chantaburi police from two districts. 

He admitted having sex with the child wherever he took her. 

Line messages from the victim to a friend eventually managed to track him down. 

Then came his comment about marrying the girl after he gets out of jail. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-30

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Hopefully the Korat man will be offered a rope by the father of the 10 year old before he gets out of jail or pays someone inside jail or get it done for free ????

The what of the 10 year old now?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Given the leniency of the sentencing for rape in Thailand, he will marry her when she is still only 14 !!!!!!!!!!!!

In a number of US states, marrying an underage girl they have raped is a way for men to escape jail. Incredibly, these unions take place with the consent of the abused girl's parents, often Bible-thumping Christians. 

There's a BBC documentary available on the subject, for anybody who can access the UK broadcaster from Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

In a number of US states, marrying an underage girl they have raped is a way for men to escape jail. Incredibly, these unions take place with the consent of the abused girl's parents, often Bible-thumping Christians. 

There's a BBC documentary available on the subject, for anybody who can access the UK broadcaster from Thailand.

Thank you for that and something new to learn.  Another example of religious duplicity

2 minutes ago, ronrat said:

And another reason why 10 year olds should stay away from Facebook etc.

Another, better reason, why Thais should endorse responsible parent-hood to guide their children through their informative years. After all moral guidance comes from good parenting, not Facebook.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A Korat man who repeatedly raped a ten year old girl stunned investigators when he told them that when he gets out of jail he will marry the child and live with her as man and wife. 

Special.  Rape my 10 year old family member and I actually would know your fate after your release.  Call it a sense of prescience.  So the best thing for you perverted pedophiles to do is - don't.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Another sick bastard in society.

LIFE behind bars for him, nothing less.

You live in Thailand.  You didn't understand the consequences for raping a 10 year old as far as the judicial system is concerned?  Hint.

images.png.7c31463775620017ce17b518caa36f93.png

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, smedly said:

he is being rather optimistic IMO

Interesting to see how many days he survives once in jail

If it were my daughter involved other inmates in his jail would be offered a daily reward for administering a good kicking.

2 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

The same in Thailand – "marrying an underage girl they have raped" – rape in village are often settled by marriage, so no families loose face. But I don't know age level, but some girls are village married as young as age of 12-13 years; however might not be because of rape.

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

They had chatted on Facebook for two months and he arranged to meet her at her house.

I was under the impression that you need to be at least 12 years old to open a Facebook account; but seem like some youngsters lie about their age, and appear older in their Facebook profile.

• Like 1

Just now, khunPer said:

I was under the impression that you need to be at least 12 years old to open a Facebook account; but seem like some youngsters lie about their age, and appear older in their Facebook profile.

Just need to put a birth-date in , no checks or proof or anything 

• Like 1