Online Trading Account In Hk Or Singapore?

Hi all,

I'm a U.S. citizen with no interest in trading U.S. stocks. I trade Canadian stocks and would also like to trade Australian ones. Those are the main two. DBS in Singapore wants 1.5% for the type of trade I usually do (stocks under 2USD) so a $10,000 trade would be $150 one way. Ouch, no thanks.

Privacy - I read somewhere on this site that a Singapore broker would ask an American for his social security number in order to send a statement to the IRS. How about Hong Kong online brokers? I searched for a few hours yesterday and couldn't even find a HK broker that trades in Canada and Aus. All help appreciated.

If you like to trade Australian stocks, why are you looking SIN or HK brokers?

Find some Australian online broker, the fee should be much better then 1.5%...that is a rip off.

I don't currently have access to Aus stocks. I have an American online discount broker that allows trading on the TSX and TSX-V. Canadian stocks are all I know about currently and I believe they have a good future (especially gold, silver, gas and oil, and uranium once it corrects); my problem is that I fear capital controls in the U.S. at some time and would rather be out and off the radar before then

Australia is another good resource economy, although the majority of verture capital for resources still goes to Toronto; it has lots of gold and especially uranium. Once the gov rescinds it's out of date three mines policy, many uranium stories will reach a much wider audience. Now is a good time to get in.