Water heater

beau thai

I need a new water heater for kitchen only. I have seen a Stiebel 4.5kw for 2690 which I thought ok. Until the guy at homepro said I needed a special heater for a kitchen as it is on and off more than a showerheater. Best deal 7500baht!  Big enough price difference to check out that advice. Anyone happily using a shower heater for kitchen?  Or has any useful thoughts on this topic?

Do be careful!

If you are going to use it with a sink tap you need a vented "multi-point" heater. Most "shower" heaters use the shower head as the vent in the event of a stuck thermostat/flow switch and will boil and may explode if this happens and they are attached to a tap (which blocks the exit for the steam).

Which Stiebel model are you looking at and does it come with a shower kit?

EDIT The cheapest multi-point heater I see on the HomePro website is the "MAZUMA POWER3 WHITE 6000W Water Heater"  5,840 Baht  https://www.homepro.co.th/homePro/en/Home-Improvement-Plumbing-Water%2CShower-Heaters-Water-Heaters/MAZUMA-POWER3-WHITE-6000W-Water-Heater/p/1026056

Thanks guys. The one I am replacing is a Clarte shower heater which I had moved to the kitchen when I replaced it in the shower with a more powerful model.

I am wary of cheap brands like Clarte, Mazuma etc and I was unaware of the safety aspect Crossy, so thanks for that.

After my Home pro visit, the guys at Big C extra assured me a shower heater was fine for the kitchen. Hmm!

And I am told Stiebel is the mostbreliable brand here but others will have different experience I guess...

Stiebel is a great brand. Had one for 20 yrs with no problem and bought replacement directly from Stiebel getting rebate for turning in the old.

Also got very good advice from Stiebel asia by email on what brand best suited my needs so you might try that, stressing not for a shower.

Believe absolutely nothing you are told re electronics and safety by Home Pro staff or the average Thai "electrician". The "mai pen rai" philosophy extends into matters electronic (whete it is a very, very poor fit).

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 1 month later...

I bought Stiebel and now understand why a shower heater is unsuitable for a kitchen. It cycles on and off far more often in the kitchen and stiebel make a unit specific for that purpose. Its in and working well.

Yes, Stiebel makes water heaters specific for the shower and for under the kitchen sink and they are not the same type of water heaters.  Excellent brand.  We've had one under our kitchen sink that gets much use, trouble-free for eight years.  Meanwhile, we've bought three cheapie ones for the shower during this same time.  

Now that we're doing a major remodeling on another condo, it's Stiebel units for both the kitchen and bath, no messing around with cheaper brands.

I specifically bought a Stirbel multipoint to deliver instant hot water to the kitchen sink and the a rain head.

Its a 6kw and will set you back 7500bt, but they are the best and essential if you like a really hot shower in the winter.

Archived