UK visa documents

Since my partner last applied for a UK visa it appears that things have changed. In the past you'd take all the documents to the Trendy Building where they wold be checked and kept. It now seems that everything should be scanned and uploaded and provided this is done she can turn up at the VFS office with nothing but a passport, checklist and appointment form.

Is my understanding of this correct?

I've no doubt this has been asked before but I couldn't find the answer in a search.

As an aside I was very surprised to submit the application last Friday and get an appointment for next Tuesday - even Monday was available.

My understanding was that the documents will be scanned at VFS (by VFS staff?), but I may well be wrong.  Hopefully someone will post a definitive answer soon.

You print all your documents after submitting your application, take them all with you to your appointment. VFS then scan them all and hand them back to you. The process is explained very well at the completion of your online application, this was the procedure in Chiang Mai last month. Visa was granted in 6 working days. 

P.S.

They charge 150bt if you want them to put all docs in order before they scan them.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, roo860 said:

You print all your documents after submitting your application, take them all with you to your appointment. VFS then scan them all and hand them back to you. The process is explained very well at the completion of your online application, this was the procedure in Chiang Mai last month. Visa was granted in 6 working days. 

P.S.

They charge 150bt if you want them to put all docs in order before they scan them.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

This must be for a Visitor visa, as 6 days is quick.  What about for a Settlement visa?  Does the same process apply? I think I have read that documents can be scanned (or sent) direct to UKVI in Sheffield, but I don't know if this is a fact.

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

This must be for a Visitor visa, as 6 days is quick.  What about for a Settlement visa?  Does the same process apply? I think I have read that documents can be scanned (or sent) direct to UKVI in Sheffield, but I don't know if this is a fact.

Just did for the missus for FLR, it seems, if you scan they charge you ( I did not) took the originals to the interview, they scanned, NO CHARGE....... go figure.

Both are possible but it seems if you do the work, they charge extra,,,55555

I uploaded everything and have not brought anything. It seems you have a choice, either they do it or you do it, so I've done it.

I'll find out tomorrow and report back if I've done anything wrong. The system appears to be quite new.

Speaking from experience - my wife and I applied for a settlement VISA for her last month. Did biometrics in Trendy Bangkok, they only took in the vfs appointment letter and had a look at the VISA application form, but they did not even look at any other documents - no documents were scanned. They took in her passport. I brought all documents back with me to UK, to send to Sheffield. I also did not upload any documents to the vfs website. What was described as process on the vfs the website was 'out of synch' with what really happens.

Archived