Need an engine for a1997 CB 400

onlycw

Car engines from Japan are sold in the U.S. What about bike engines? I have more trust in Japanese sellers...

How would you go about finding an engine? Cannibalize a running bike?

Are there running bikes with no Green Book? That would be ideal...

Care to share an experience?

The only way you will find one, is to visit as many big bike repair shops in BKK and ask them and leave your number with them, other way is to google in thai or phone around to places that imports engine parts from overseas, if you'll put enough work into it, it can be found...

9 hours ago, onlycw said:

How would you go about finding an engine? Cannibalize a running bike?

What is wrong with the existing engine.

I got work done on my CB400SF lump in Phitsanulok, they could rebuild the engine if needed so surely in Bkk that's possible.

16 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

What is wrong with the existing engine.

I got work done on my CB400SF lump in Phitsanulok, they could rebuild the engine if needed so surely in Bkk that's possible.

Yah i want to know too !

How did someone managed to blow a cb400SF engine !?

Is that the "project big one" ? Or the first CB400SF without vtec ? I got the parts manual PDFs i can help you to find your parts references as a start.

Okay, no news, uh ?

Anyway, here's the parts catalog for the project big 1, which is the CB-1, or maybe not ? I'm quite confused about the different early versions, CB-1, project big-1, whatever.

Tech data is in Japanese but you don't care, you just need the parts references and you'r good to go, https://en.impex-jp.com/

Project BIG one Parts Manual SCAN.pdf

Archived