Spluttering North: Keep your children indoors say Thai health authorities

webfact

Spluttering North: Keep your children indoors say Thai health authorities

8pm.jpg

Picture: INN

Parents in the north of Thailand have been told to keep their children indoors as the filthy air crisis continues.

And other vulnerable people like the elderly have also been told not to go outside and wear masks if they have to venture out. 

Dr Phanphimon Wipulakorn said that it was only natural that children would want to go out and run around and climb outside during the current school holidays. 

But the PM 2.5 particles are particularly dangerous for children. She advised parents to monitor air quality and to seek alternative activities indoors for their children. 

If they have to go out the children should be fitted with a;ppropriate masks. 

Others who are particularly vulnerable during the crisis are the elderly, pregnant women, people with existing respiratory problems and those suffering from heart disease, reported INN. 

Stay indoors or wear masks was the message particularly for those most affected. 

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-02

Thailand ranked 23rd most polluted country... Evidence of pollution can be seen everywhere. 

Mountains of rubbish dumped within the interior of a very popular island located very near Pattaya, hidden from tourists eyes. A clear indication at how appalling this country considers the natural environment plus people's health. 

Once again, greed and money are all important, not lives, in the land of mostly frowns. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sonhia said:

Thailand ranked 23rd most polluted country... Evidence of pollution can be seen everywhere. 

Never been to Indonesia then?

Why is it that Thailand seems to attract chicken littles. Is it because TV gives people a forum to complain? 

On the Telegraph Map Thailand fares no worse than Indonesia.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/maps-and-graphics/most-polluted-countries/

Here we are 474th way behind Jakarta and Bandung.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-polluted_cities_by_particulate_matter_concentration

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, patinchis said:

There is very little difference to the AQI outside and inside!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

when we are indoors we all share the same air so it is somewhat cleaned when it is air someone else already breathed.  yes?  not based on science stuff just what makes sense to me, I guess.  anyone know?  

Staying indoors won't help much if they throw open all the windows and front door.  My in-laws are afraid they'll die from lack of oxygen if all the windows stay closed.  At least the screens do seem to help a bit because they get filthy after just a few weeks.

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

Never been to Indonesia then?

Why is it that Thailand seems to attract chicken littles. Is it because TV gives people a forum to complain? 

On the Telegraph Map Thailand fares no worse than Indonesia.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/maps-and-graphics/most-polluted-countries/

Here we are 474th way behind Jakarta and Bandung.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-polluted_cities_by_particulate_matter_concentration

Is it because we stay here and not Indonesia. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Why the kids on the pic don't get a N95 mouthmask? The one she's wearing doesn't help.

If it looks like it is helping, then that is good enough. 

I wear a mask indoors as well as outside. My PM2.5 has a reading of 195 indoors...220 outdoors. WHO states up to 25 is a safe level, anything above is unhealthy. I have an air purifier in the bedroom...works wonders for my breathing...this air will shorten life expectancy - fact. Invest in an air purifier. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WeekendRaider said:

when we are indoors we all share the same air so it is somewhat cleaned when it is air someone else already breathed.  yes?  not based on science stuff just what makes sense to me, I guess.  anyone know?  

You might want to re-think this one? buy a PM 2.5 tester/meter & check yourself - you will be unpleasantly surprised at the readings - least I was :shock1:, once the levels get "high" need a lot more than "us" to help filter the crap out of the air.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2019 at 12:44 PM, Bert Jones said:

I wear a mask indoors as well as outside. My PM2.5 has a reading of 195 indoors...220 outdoors. WHO states up to 25 is a safe level, anything above is unhealthy. I have an air purifier in the bedroom...works wonders for my breathing...this air will shorten life expectancy - fact. Invest in an air purifier. 

You should buy a large hat/cap...install a small fan which blows on your nose, put a N95 filter in front of the fan and connect it to a rechargable battery. Much more convenient to wear that instead of a mouthmask me thinks

You should buy a large hat/cap...install a small fan which blows on your nose, put a N95 filter in front of the fan and connect it to a rechargable battery. Much more convenient to wear that instead of a mouthmask me thinks

Thank you for that wonderful thought Mr. Heath-Robinson. Love it :-)

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 4/2/2019 at 10:53 AM, webfact said:

She advised parents

to complain loudly if they see anyone incinerating chicken; driving ill-maintained diesel vehicles; starting fires on farms.

Thais don't complain enough.