Ranong visa run after almost being denied at Don Muang Airport.

2 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

As you can see, no problems.   If you exceed the twice per calendar year Visa Exempt by land rule, you may need to show an onward ticket on the 3rd one (Ranong border).

What makes you think that airline tickets override the limit of two visa exempt entries by land in a calendar year? At the very least, I would expect a hefty bribe to Thai immigration to be necessary for any chance of an extra visa exempt entry.

2 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

I just did one with ME non-o and no problems at all.

There is usually no reason why a normal border bounce to receive a fresh permission to stay using a multiple entry visa should be problematic.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BritTim said:

What makes you think that airline tickets override the limit of two visa exempt entries by land in a calendar year? At the very least, I would expect a hefty bribe to Thai immigration to be necessary for any chance of an extra visa exempt entry.

Agreed - there is no "may need to show" aspect - a "hard and fast" rule, which I have only seen overcome by bribing (not recommended).

8 hours ago, BritTim said:

There is usually no reason why a normal border bounce to receive a fresh permission to stay using a multiple entry visa should be problematic.

... except at Poipet/Aranya, where nothing is "normal."  The only other place with reported issues in the past was Sadao - but that was years ago, and the only issue was having to show 20K baht.