Trackable postal/courier services, Thailand to USA

I'm going to need regular postal or courier services from BKK to the USA.  Can someone give me advice, based on experience, with Thai Postal Service EMS, DHL, FedEx, etc.?  Info on approximate costs would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

If your sending items in a box you're not allowed to seal it now, only string so rap it well inside. I sell a lot over ebay, use Thai post tracked, Ems is the same speed but x2 the price, even higher for DHL. Remember to take your passport to the post office as they need to scan it.

5 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Use EMS -fully trackable online with both Thaipost and USPS

I got a stupid quote last time I wanted to use EMS to the US - something like 1400 baht to send a 100g box in a D size padded envelope  

19 minutes ago, tebee said:

I got a stupid quote last time I wanted to use EMS to the US - something like 1400 baht to send a 100g box in a D size padded envelope  

Yes thats correct, and 880 for a document.

"Stupid" doesnt enter into it.The price is the price, take it , choose an alternative method or walk away.

If speed is not a requirement step it down to Registeted Airmail. Still trackable in US.

20 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Yes thats correct, and 880 for a document.

"Stupid" doesnt enter into it.The price is the price, take it , choose an alternative method or walk away.

If speed is not a requirement step it down to Registeted Airmail. Still trackable in US.

Yes, indeed, that's exactly what we did. Was just a customer urgently needed a $32 part in a week. after I told him the price, his need suddenly became less urgent. I just don't recall it being anything like that price last time we used it - maybe 650 baht? But that was at least 3 years ago, maybe more  .

Incidentally, last time we used EMS to send documents to France  - my wife's birth certificate and education record amongst other things - ThiaPost showed them leaving the country the next day and nothing more. France post had no record of the ever arriving. Waited and wait and my wife started the lost packet procedure with Thaipost, which still sucked as they were irreplaceable originals in there  After 3 weeks they eventually told they were being held for inspection by French customs !

Just under a month later it arrived, opened and resealed. 

My wife didn't get the job application in in time, but i'm told you can't sue customs !

According to below Thai Postal System website to send a 28 grams (1 ounce) document via EMS World Letter to the US the cost would be Bt1,400.   Via EMS World Document it would be Bt880.  Don't know what the difference between a letter and document would be.

Sending via International Letter would be Bt37....add on Registration for Bt85 and total cost is Bt122.

Calculate cost/fees at this Thai Postal System web site....click the Calculate selection.

https://www.thailandpost.co.th/index.php?page=index&language=en

• Like 1