Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger to undergo heart surgery this week, reports say

snoop1130

Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger to undergo heart surgery this week, reports say

By Chris Robertson

skynews-mick-jagger-rolling-stones_4626705.jpg

According to reports, Mick Jagger is to get a stent put in his heart to replace a damaged valve

Reports in the US say that Sir Mick Jagger, the iconic lead singer of the Rolling Stones, is set to undergo surgery this week, to replace a damaged valve in his heart.

At the weekend, they postponed the US leg of their current tour, so that Sir Mick could undergo medical treatment, after he was told by doctors he could not perform.

According to the New York Post's "Page Six" site, Jagger has a damaged valve in his heart, and is set to receive a stent, sparking worries about the veteran musician's health.

The 75-year-old once appeared to epitomise sex, drugs and rock and roll, but his hedonistic lifestyle is now firmly in the past.

Full Story: https://news.sky.com/story/rolling-stones-mick-jagger-to-undergo-heart-surgery-this-week-reports-say-11681881

Mick Jagger to undergo heart surgery: Drudge Report

2019-04-01T182643Z_1_LYNXNPEF302HL_RTROPTP_4_MUSIC-STONES-JAGGER.JPG

FILE PHOTO: The Rolling Stones (from L-R) Ronnie Wood, Keith Richards, Mick Jaggerand Charlie Watts pose as they arrive for the opening of the new exhibit "Exhibitionism: The Rolling Stones" in the Manhattan borough of New York City, U.S., November 15, 2016. REUTERS/Mike Segar/File Photo

LONDON (Reuters) - Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger will undergo heart surgery this week following the postponement of the band's North American tour for medical reasons, according to a published report.

The U.S. website Drudge Report, citing unidentified sources, said Jagger, 75, would undergo surgery this week in New York to replace a heart valve. New York Post's Page Six website, citing unidentified sources, said the surgery would involve placing a stent in the singer's heart.

Representatives for Jagger in the United States did not return requests for comment. A spokesman for the British band in London declined to comment on the Drudge Report article.

The band on Saturday announced it was postponing all dates on its tour of the United States and Canada to give Jagger time to receive medical treatment. It did not specify what treatmentJagger needed but said he is expected to make a full recovery.

The North American tour had been scheduled to run from April 20 until June 29.

Jagger was photographed on Sunday in Miami Beach, Florida on the beach with his current girlfriend, ballet dancer Melanie Hamrick, their young son, and daughter Georgia May, one of his seven adult children.

The British singer has not explained his medical issue but told fans in a tweet on Saturday that he would be "working very hard to be back on stage as soon as I can."

After a storied sex, drugs and rock-'n-roll lifestyle in his earlier days, Jagger now follows a healthy diet, runs, and works out frequently.

Stents are typically used to prop open arteries that have been cleared of a blockage.

(Reporting by Costas Pitas; editing by Guy Faulconbridge and Bill Berkrot)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-04-03

I hope he has a full recovery and continues touring for many more years.

I've been to 4 Stones concerts in 4 different cities over 4 decades.

Perth 1965  - Roy Orbison was the backup act!

Brisbane 1973 - Outdoor tennis center, rained cats and dogs for the whole show. 

Sydney 2003 - Superdome in Homebush (Upgraded to VIP seats because drunken indigenous patrons seated nearby caused problems.)

Melbourne 2006 - Rod Laver Arena

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

I hope he has a full recovery and continues touring for many more years.

I've been to 4 Stones concerts in 4 different cities over 4 decades.

Perth 1965  - Roy Orbison was the backup act!

Brisbane 1973 - Outdoor tennis center, rained cats and dogs for the whole show. 

Sydney 2003 - Superdome in Homebush (Upgraded to VIP seats because drunken indigenous patrons seated nearby caused problems.)

Melbourne 2006 - Rod Laver Arena

Saw them in Perth as well mate, but a later date.

Can't remember what year.

Only last week watched a download of their concert Havana Moon in Cuba from 2016.

The boys have still got it.

First time 1965 in Tivoli, Copenhagen – when the whole band was touring in a mini bus, including the gear, and females from the audience could still jump onto the stage to touch their idols; Brian Jones seemed to be the most loved by the girls, a couple of big "I love you Brian"-banners painted on bed sheets were hanging down from the balcony – I'm actually sitting on first raw in this rare newspaper photo...????

65_tivoli4.jpg.c771ba51f4a1b55ddedaf62d45b41a89.jpg

–but of course numerous concerts later, and I'm hoping for experience one more in the future...????

saw the stones at the Forum in Inglewood CA in 1971 (?) and one time before somewhere in CA but can't remember where it was, they were hard to miss as they toured a lot...

their live performances are very physical, suits the music that's very physical...love to watch young girls from the waist down dancing to the stones...very easy for an old man like mick to overdo it on stage...'hey! they just put in a stent and he kept on rockin'!' probably carry his dead ass offa the stage on a stretcher and folks would reckon it was part of the performance...