Should Tourists Avoid Pattaya

pumper

"Thats pretty funny, a vegetarian who deals in peddling all kinds of FLESH, raw (his a go go bars) and cooked (blackened cajun pig ribs)."

LOL

Well, she believes non-vegatarians have brains in a constant state of poisoning so she may have influence with little green men who can change all that.

Brain poisoning - ROFLMAO

There are some strange people in Pattaya - do you think Tammi knew about the place before moving there?

I first came to Pattaya in the mid 70s. In the mid 80s bought a holiday home here. Have been living here permanently last few years. It was paradise in the 70s and 80s and still good right through the 90s. IMO it's only in the last 3 or 4 years that it's got steadily worse. It is Paradise Lost.

There seems to be no civic pride and I suppose the Thais in local government have made the decision that Pattaya is to keep on being what it has become - a place that attracts the worst type of tourist and poor Thais who will do anything to make a baht. Keeps them away from other parts of Thailand. It's all very sad. I keep saying send them all to the boonies but maybe it's the government that is saying to keep them all concentrated in Pattaya.

Tammi, you are spot on.

I wish the people on this forum would stop bashing Pattaya dont they know its now a " Family Tourist resort"

Tony :D :D :o

Edited by Pattayatony

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pattaya has not changed just is the last 3 or 4 years - it is no better nor worse than it was over a dozen years when I first went.

I remember hating the place so much my first visit i never stayed the night and got taxi back to BKK at 2 in the morning.

I stayed away from the place for years afterward but grew to like the place from 2003 onwards

Open your eyes matey boy - if ot walks and quacks like a duck it usually is. Its not a family orientated resort so stop kidding yourself

As for Tammi - so much expirence in Patters yeat she did not know her favourite restaurnat owner peddle girls and boys - some people should not get out of bed in a morning

I first came to Pattaya in the mid 70s. In the mid 80s bought a holiday home here. Have been living here permanently last few years. It was paradise in the 70s and 80s and still good right through the 90s.

What a joke. Pattaya was a dirty sh*thole in the 80s and people offered you heroin on every street corner. It wasn't until the place cleaned itself up fairly recently in the 90s that it became a decent place to visit and it is much nicer now than it used to be.

Talk about selective memory. :o

Exactly - seems some people see hear and feel what they want.

Its nicer now than it was a dozen years ago.

Pattaya is getting better. I know that is not what a lot of guys wish to hear....................but it is. The line upon line of Beirut like shelled out buildings on the edge of the city are gradually turning into reasonable shops and facilities. The sports complexes, multi-screen flicks and the like did not exist 20 years ago and the blatent abuse of children has been forced underground and hopefully with the aid of convictions in home countries soon to be a thing of the past. It's not all doom and gloom.

expats posting here have a different view of pattaya than we (me) tourists.

Pattaya expats seem to have the opinion that those enjoying night life are to expect more crime.

fact, discos in Acapulco or Aspen are rockin' the night away .. it's what people do on vacation.

:o:D

most tourists, me anyway , are on vacation from real life .. at home I watch TV, go to bed, go to work, watch tv, go to bed ... & dream of my vacation from reality .. go to work & day dream of my vacation ..

when on vacation at a sea side community I want to stay out late & walk along the beach at night, .. in addition to riding the banana boat & eating prawns under an umbrella on the beach during day light.

the pattaya water is un inviting .. on phuket i enjoy the water, i avoid pattaya beach water like the plague (which it appears to be full of)

the reports of crime on tourist (not daytime crime on expats) in pattaya seems horrible .. drugging. beatings, robberies, MURDER ..

no what I want to be concerned with on vacation.

my thoughts:

there are much better places to visit in Thailand than Pattaya

there are much safer places to visit in Thailand than Pattaya

there are much cleaner places to visit in Thailand than Pattaya

there are much prettier places to visit in Thailand than Pattaya

Yep, go to Rio or Jamaica or Cape Town. Much safer.

Rather spend 14 day holiday in Bagdad by the bay, than Pattaya!

Up to you!

I know the topic is Should tourists avoid Pattaya.

I would be interested to know it they did avoid Pattaya this year.

I live just outside Pattaya and dont visit much at night nowadays, so have no real idea what the height of the season was like. :o

Pattaya has not changed just is the last 3 or 4 years - it is no better nor worse than it was over a dozen years when I first went.

I remember hating the place so much my first visit i never stayed the night and got taxi back to BKK at 2 in the morning.

I stayed away from the place for years afterward but grew to like the place from 2003 onwards

Open your eyes matey boy - if ot walks and quacks like a duck it usually is. Its not a family orientated resort so stop kidding yourself

As for Tammi - so much expirence in Patters yeat she did not know her favourite restaurnat owner peddle girls and boys - some people should not get out of bed in a morning

I will have to apply for another nickname since you are all determined to call me a 'she'. How about Johnthomas?

I never said he is my favourite restuarant owner. I occasionally go to New Orleans to partake of the vegetarian buffet dinner, 99 baht, 2nd Tuesday of the month. Owner's name is Steve? You've put me off him and his restaurant. I know plenty of restaurants that don't make money from sideline nefarious activities.

I will have to apply for another nickname since you are all determined to call me a 'she'. How about Johnthomas?

Oh, so you are a guy named Johnthomas but call yourself "Tammi" ?

Now THAT sounds normal for Pattaya.

Whew! What a relief!

I never said he is my favourite restuarant owner. I occasionally go to New Orleans to partake of the vegetarian buffet dinner, 99 baht, 2nd Tuesday of the month. Owner's name is Steve? You've put me off him and his restaurant. I know plenty of restaurants that don't make money from sideline nefarious activities.

Hey Tammi, What have you done I was just starting to get the HOTS for you and at my age thats not easy. :o

Hey Tammi, What have you done I was just starting to get the HOTS for you and at my age thats not easy. :o

Well when he said he's a guy I did get the hots for him. But he spoilt it by letting on he was a cheap charlie by admitting he attends the cheap vegetarian buffets only there, with all those VG's (if you have ever been to one of the monthly vegetarian meals you will know what a VG is!).

And if he is a man, why call himself by a girls name??? Well this is Patters after all.

At least I can understand why some masculine, homely Western woman would have this obsession with getting rid of Thailand's nightlife, but - think about it - this is a GUY.

He must be a real piece of work! :o

That I am!! What's the bah for?

The vegetarian at New Orleans is OK but tends to serve same buffet every month. I make better at home with the occasional trip to India By Nature.

Not all guys like Pattaya nightlife.

At least I can understand why some masculine, homely Western woman would have this obsession with getting rid of Thailand's nightlife, but - think about it - this is a GUY.

He must be a real piece of work! :D

The vegetarian at New Orleans is OK but tends to serve same buffet every month. I make better at home with the occasional trip to India By Nature.

Were you born with this problem or did it get snipped off some how? :o

He must be a real piece of work! :D

Were you born with this problem or did it get snipped off some how? :D

I'm outa here. Maybe see you guys at a PU sometime, then you can see for yourselves. :o