Theresa May to ask EU for further Brexit extension

webfact

Cheers re " hope the UK leaves " bit..but you should concern yourself re who's next..Italy..France..Holland..even Germany as the long suffering german taxpayers are really getting pi$$ed off with financially supporting subdidy junkie eu member countries.
Watch how voting goes in germany re mep elections..the afb or afd will run riot!!!

That is one of the options. Whatever it is, I hope the UK leaves, so it can get rid if the cancer called Brexit, to return one day as committed member state, accepting our Euro, red passports and straight bananas. 

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, vogie said:

You are not in sync with your glorious leaders, they still want our money, if not ourselves. Have you read Donald Tusk latest tweet "we must be patient" 

They only want your sovereignty. Letting you carry their red passports while you have to swallow their straight European bananas.  

13 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Maybe you should try to read between the lines. More and more Brits are disgusted by the idea of an extended Eurozone as suggested by Germany and their allies. Even more and more Germans are disgusted, and so am I. 

It's about the money first of all. When East Germans voted for "reunification" they voted for a German DM, not for an Euro. Nobody in Germany was ever asked in a referendum about the Euro (guess the German government knows why) And now the shit hits the fan in the EU. 

Tell me one reason why UK should want to ride a dead horse?

Let’s not forget that East Germans were also never asked about the latest real estate transfer tax law. Actually nobody on Germany was ever asked in a referendum about it. I smell a big conspiracy here. 

• Haha 2

Seems  clear to me, that the E.U. doesn't want to lose the U.K., principally for the money. 

Same will apply to any country with an important contribution. 

That the British government/parliament doesn't want to go for a hard Brexit can have different reasons. 

Leavers and Remainers will of course have different opinions about it. 

But still amazed that 48% of the voters wanted to stay in the E.U..

Now I know that Leavers and Remainers, will each claim they know the exact reason. 

Whatever, still amazing. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Are you planning a new European Union with Belarus? 

Luckily there are still a few left and others who would like to leave the EU. You can have Belarus along with Turkey.

Why doesn't the wonderful, caring democratic EU give all EU members the choice to leave the EU. Just a couple of years old but relevant. Probably more want to leave now IMO.

https://www.newsweek.com/nearly-half-voters-eight-eu-countries-want-own-brexit-referendum-457412

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/europes-current-economy/five-more-countries-want-referendums-to-exit-eu/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyril sneer said:

UK votes to leave EU mainly to stop free movement of people, so now May asks marxist Corbyn for help

You couldn't make it up

Sweeping generalization if ever I heard one! How can you be so sure why the other 17 million people voted for Brexit?

21 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Seems  clear to me, that the E.U. doesn't want to lose the U.K., principally for the money. 

Same will apply to any country with an important contribution. 

That the British government/parliament doesn't want to go for a hard Brexit can have different reasons. 

Leavers and Remainers will of course have different opinions about it. 

But still amazed that 48% of the voters wanted to stay in the E.U..

Now I know that Leavers and Remainers, will each claim they know the exact reason. 

Whatever, still amazing. 

The way the UK is going we will be a net beneficiary getting support from Poland

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Basil B said:

The EU is not going to budge an inch unless TM has something really realistic, the 22nd May was to tie up the loose ends on her deal, and that was conditional that it was agreed by last Friday.

Any extension unless she can by some miracle get it accepted in the next few days, will have to be a long one probably June 2020, the risk after 12th April is that if we are not committed EU elections we could actually invalidate the whole of the EU elections by revoking Article 50 which we can legally do if we are still in the EU under Article 50. 

As I understand it the writ for the EU elections has to be moved on April the 12th so the can be held May 23rd, Nominations need to be in by April 24/25th.

That is indeed your (U.K.'s) ONLY position to put the E.U. on a surprise check mate …. by "sacrificing yourself" to revoking Art. 50 and stay our biggest contributor after Germany :biggrin:…..but read the ECJ. verdict carefully as blocking yourself for a very long time ….:wink:

Only counter measure to above …. is just E.U. refusing to give any extension …:tongue:., no reason to give …. and not ruled out in the ECJ verdict , as long A.50 is running until expiring date as it is the default position then...!

Edited by david555

24 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Have we got to the bit where the EU starts begging the UK for trade deals?

That would be same as the moment that the Iceberg in front Titanic would had be sudden melted at once ….:cheesy:

By the time this is through, you guys in the UK will have Merkel as your prime minister and Macron as your foreign minister. And you'll be standing in line with Greece and Italy to see if the EU will approve your budgets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

They only want your sovereignty. Letting you carry their red passports while you have to swallow their straight European bananas.  

2 hours ago, vogie said:

I'm sure you can do so better than posting this baiting nonsense all the time, somebody of your intelligence could do so much better. 

"baiting" - fair enough.

"intelligence" - not so much.....

Edit - Anyone who relies on insults is far from intelligent.

Edited by dick dasterdly
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Never saw anything like this before in politics.

Deal has been rejected, so she keeps coming back with the same deal.  

Amazing.

Exactly, it's the definition of madness, but one has to ask why? 

Answer: She's serving another master, she's controlled by people behind the curtain.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, zydeco said:

By the time this is through, you guys in the UK will have Merkel as your prime minister and Macron as your foreign minister. And you'll be standing in line with Greece and Italy to see if the EU will approve your budgets.

To be fair, that's a future dream for the eu.

• Like 1