Immigration officer in nonthaburi messed up my visa application

May 2019 will be my third year working at a local nonthaburi school  . Last year in May 2018 I went to renew as usual  my work permit and got an expiry date of 07 January 2019 on it because my five years teaching license from Kurussapha was  going  to expire on 07 January 2019.

After getting that work permit and all paperwork needed for my visa extension , I went to the immigration office to get an extension and I got it but the expiry date was different from my work permit because the immigration officer just followed the contract with my school  that is going to end on the 30 April 2019.

In February 2019 after renewing my teaching license, I went straight to the labor department to get a new work permit valid until 30 April 2019, because I  always wanted to be legal when doing my job.

When I renewed the contract with my school I extended the work permit until 30 April 2020.

I went to the immigration with all the paper work from my school to get a visa extension. The immigration officer told me to get a new passport and a new visa from my country because  my visa extension cannot be done anymore. The reason was that she made a big mistake for giving me a visa that was over the validity of  my work permit, until 30 April 2019.

I am desperate because I have not enough savings to go back to my country and get a new passport and visa.

If you have any advice or anything i can use to help me get that visa extension.

Thanks for the reading.

I don't teach so maybe the rules are different, but my extension always passes the expiry date of my Work Permit (I have a permanent job).

My Work Permit expires every July and I get a 1 year extension in November every year, regular as clockwork (Chaeng Watthana office).

It may be an idea to go and talk to the boss chap at your immigration office, after all it was their error.

• Like 1

Hi, 

First of all if i do believe its a fat lady messed up your passport. I observed her work many times. she is the reason why i stopped going to non imm. If it was not her.. sorry

Second, you totally no need to get a new passport. They did a mistake and refuse to fix it. Thats totally illegal and thats why she wants you to go and fix the problem for herself because she knows it is problem for her and she doesnt want boss knows!

The boss name of Non imm is BIG JOE. talk to him. he is a great guy, he will fix it. If she act like doesnt know the name just ask her you want to talk to the big boss. thats all it will take 20 min to fix all

Now little bit more... if i were you i would report her too. she deserved that. or who ever did the mistake. Do that. dont let it go.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

You could get a new passport from your homeland's embassy in BKK. But expect it can take some time. Getting a german PP from BKK took me six weeks.

You can apply for express issue for German p.p. Took 10 days. 

Thanks for all the replies. I went to see the big boss and I ended up paying a fine  for the few days overstay, the gab between my 2 work permits. But the officer that made the mistake is very mad at me because the big boss knows her mess. 

22 minutes ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Thanks for all the replies. I went to see the big boss and I ended up paying a fine  for the few days overstay, the gab between my 2 work permits. But the officer that made the mistake is very mad at me because the big boss knows her mess. 

Well at least you that the boss is aware of her incompetence 

Has the problem been resolved to your satisfaction?

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Well at least you that the boss is aware of her incompetence 

Has the problem been resolved to your satisfaction?

Yes, I paid 35 days overstay = 17500 bath. I am not sure if I win or not but I got extended for another 365 days. 

Nonth Imm is 20 times better than CM, but I have seen more than one teacher having trouble up there.  The big guy at the front desk is 100% nice guy.  My bank letter stated different amount than actual balance, i added 1000 right before the letter, that was not counted.  No problem...

Tell her to sort out the mess as you quite obviously cannot (even if you wanted to). 

How stupid is all this cr-ap with visa, work permits, extensions; Thailand must rank top on unnecessary bureaucracy ....... keeping hundreds of thousands busy with photocopying, stamping, marking, stapling ...... and making mistakes! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, moontang said:

I reread your post.  So it appears you were working illegally for 35 days..wp expired 7 jan, and you worked 35 days without one.  Correct?

The visa stamp shows 30 April 2019,but my work permit expires on January 07. I got another one on February 11. No one can know you are overstaying when the stamp on your passport shows you are not. 

Edited by Raymonddiaz