Immigration open on weekends??

Ned

I went to Burma in February....My wife went to CM immigration on the following monday to do the TM30.  I had flown back in on friday evening....The female immigration officer kept telling my wife she should have came in on Saturday...She told her more than once she should make her pay a penalty for not coming in on saturday....She said they were open on the 2nd and 4th weekends of each month.....She did not say what hours they were open...

Three weeks ago came back Sunday night.  Went in the following Wednesday to get a new stamp on the TM30 paper.  She took the PP did her thing in about 3 minutes, returned the PP and nodded when I thanked her.  No questions. no comments.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CHARLES1949 said:

I went to Burma in February....My wife went to CM immigration on the following monday to do the TM30.  I had flown back in on friday evening....The female immigration officer kept telling my wife she should have came in on Saturday...She told her more than once she should make her pay a penalty for not coming in on saturday....She said they were open on the 2nd and 4th weekends of each month.....She did not say what hours they were open...

Would be nice if all the officers out at CM Immigration followed the same rules.  Multiple CM Immigration officers have said that it's okay to update within 4-5 days of returning to your TM30 registered address and there have been multiple reports (including mine) that there's been no problem (or even comment) by doing so; yet, yours in a very recent post and either they're changing the local rules they apply or you simply ran into a rogue officer.  Time will tell.

7 hours ago, CMBob said:

Would be nice if all the officers out at CM Immigration followed the same rules.  Multiple CM Immigration officers have said that it's okay to update within 4-5 days of returning to your TM30 registered address and there have been multiple reports (including mine) that there's been no problem (or even comment) by doing so; yet, yours in a very recent post and either they're changing the local rules they apply or you simply ran into a rogue officer.  Time will tell.

Bob, 

Charles' story you commented on appears to be an update but possibly his wife was filing a new set of documents.  Also if the IO was repeatedly saying she should have come in on Saturday, perhaps that was because of an initial response or subsequent response that was not appropriate or was confrontational.  Charles also omitted information as to whether or not he was or was not fined.  Maybe Charles stays in his wife's hotel and a report really should have been submitted on Saturday.