Couple Survives 9-floor Fall From Bangkok Condo

george

Couple survives 9-floor fall from condo

BANGKOK: -- A couple miraculously survived a fall from the balcony of their ninth-floor condominium early yesterday.

Akradej Thiradejchananant, 41, and his wife Busaba, 25, were found on the caved-in roof of a Honda sedan parked in front of a building in the Nirun Condo project in Bangkok's Prawet district at around 3am.

Busaba, who was being treated at Piyamin Hospital in Samut Prakan, said she had been knocked unconscious in the fall. She sustained bruises and was fitted with a cast around her torso.

Akradej, who was being treated in another room at the same hospital, sustained more serious injuries including fractured bones, said Dr Kanit Kophraepong. Busaba was found lying on top of her husband, he said.

Busaba denied having an argument with her husband before the incident.

However, Maliwan Wilai, 26, a neighbour, said the couple had had a heated argument before the fall. Maliwan said the pair often fought as Akradej was a "jealous" husband.

The branches of trees growing near the building appeared to have broken the couple's fall and saved their lives. Witnesses said the pair hit the branches before dropping onto the car's roof.

Torn-off branches were found on the roof of the car.

The couple's condo occupies the ninth and top floors of the building.

--The Nation 2004-05-28

Couple survives 9-floor fall from condo

BANGKOK: -- A couple miraculously survived a fall from the balcony of their ninth-floor condominium early yesterday.

Akradej Thiradejchananant, 41, and his wife Busaba, 25, were found on the caved-in roof of a Honda sedan parked in front of a building in the Nirun Condo project in Bangkok's Prawet district at around 3am.

Busaba, who was being treated at Piyamin Hospital in Samut Prakan, said she had been knocked unconscious in the fall. She sustained bruises and was fitted with a cast around her torso.

Akradej, who was being treated in another room at the same hospital, sustained more serious injuries including fractured bones, said Dr Kanit Kophraepong. Busaba was found lying on top of her husband, he said.

Busaba denied having an argument with her husband before the incident.

However, Maliwan Wilai, 26, a neighbour, said the couple had had a heated argument before the fall. Maliwan said the pair often fought as Akradej was a "jealous" husband.

The branches of trees growing near the building appeared to have broken the couple's fall and saved their lives. Witnesses said the pair hit the branches before dropping onto the car's roof.

Torn-off branches were found on the roof of the car.

The couple's condo occupies the ninth and top floors of the building.

--The Nation 2004-05-28

Assuming the most honorable: suicide......Thailand has a relatively low rate of suicide according to:

http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph-T/mor_sel_har∫=52

However, the figures for Thailand are from 1994, while those for most of the other countries are from 2000+. And the literature suggests that after 1997 that Thai suicide rate increased quite a bit.

But, assuming the "most honorable" might be to charitable in this case.

If the airbags didn't release, could they put a claim in against Honda :o

Honda sedan - airbags on the roof... :D

Ain't this the promotion of new Honda Jazz?

Fallen on the new Jazz? The comfort you deserve! :D

The original - taken from honda.co.uk: With the look and benefits of more extravagant motors, it makes almost anything seem possible -... :D

Funny tho, did anyone see on the news today of a basketball or volleyball on top of car, with the roof caved in and the rear tires squashed out, and the entire vehicle flat on the ground right smack in its parking spot???????? :D

It somehow fell from the sign above the car. Now what dummy would put so much weight on some product to make it lethal if such ever falls to the ground. :o Oh by the way, it was perfect target. Like the ball had a homing device or something or such sort. :D

Daveyo

It somehow fell from the sign above the car. Now what dummy would put so much weight on some product to make it lethal if such ever falls to the ground. :o Oh by the way, it was perfect target. Like the ball had a homing device or something or such sort. :D

Daveyo

What "dummy" would put so much weight..........."

You only have to look around as there are millions here in the realm.

Look at the advertising hordings very few of which have a credible design nor a permit to be there.

TIT Dave

Some Farang do survive falls....I know, I survived a fall from the 3rd floor which was actually the fourth floor including the G floor. I didn't have a Honda breaking my fall but I did have the pavement.

Basically there was a fire in the apartment where I was living. Even though there were fire alarms and extinguishers, none worked, imagine that, in Thailand. I couldn't get out so a rope was given to me. The rope must not have been very strong even though it looked strong because it BROKE! Down I went and I spent the next three weeks in the hospital. It's taken me a few years (this was a little over three years ago) to get pain-free but I'm ok now, short of a few aches and pains once in a while.