Thai Airways warns passengers against travel scam in buying cheap tickets

webfact

Thai Airways warns passengers against travel scam in buying cheap tickets

1bee903365c3ec16a467fd599e03684b_small.jpg

BANGKOK, (NNT) - Thai Airways International Public Company Limited has warned its customers of a travel scam when buying a cheap ticket online after some customers were tricked into buying low-price tickets for London-Bangkok flights but their travels were denied.

Wiwat Piyawiroj, the Executive Vice President-Commercial of Thai Airways International Public Co. Ltd., insisted the "Best Deal Flight" is not an official ticket agency of Thai Airways. The sales office of Thai Airways in London has suspended flight reservations from the Best Deal Flight since 2017.

Last month, however, the Best Deal Flight had used other names such as Fly Deal Flights and Fly Best Deal to start the online ticket scams. Once the airways was informed, the company immediately suspended their reservation access.

Thai Airways reiterated that it does not have any involvement with those ticket agencies. Passengers are advised to be careful whenever they purchase tickets through a third party .

Passengers can check the validity of their flight reservation online at thaiairways.com or they can call the THAI Contact Center at Tel.02-356-1111 round the clock.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-04-05

Thai Airways pricing provides the opportunity for scams.  If you are consistently 50% more expensive than competitors, with the highest prices being on your own web site, then you open the door to scammers.

No need to search for lowest on line price when booking with other airlines.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

How can people check the validity  of their flight if they have already paid ? That's typically Thai not I...

Any USA credit card will end up issuing a refund for this if one opens a dispute.

3 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Consistently the highest cost.  Example from this week, BKK TO DaNang over Songkran, Air Asia 9000 THB Vietjet 9,500 THB Thai 29,000 THB for economy.

I check Thai, BA and Eva each time I fly to London direct three times a year - Thai easily 50% more than the others for Business class.

It's common knowledge amongst frequent flyers, so I don't understand your aggressive response, unless you work for Thai.

Me too. Thai always significantly more expensive. I usually fly with EVA because their standard of service is so much better than BA

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Consistently the highest cost.  Example from this week, BKK TO DaNang over Songkran, Air Asia 9000 THB Vietjet 9,500 THB Thai 29,000 THB for economy.

I check Thai, BA and Eva each time I fly to London direct three times a year - Thai easily 50% more than the others for Business class.

It's common knowledge amongst frequent flyers, so I don't understand your aggressive response, unless you work for Thai.

Sadly, I only travel Economy class. And at that level I have never seen Thai charge 50 per cent more in the 30+ years I have used them. Sometimes 10 per cent, but I don't ever remember more than that. The last time I did fly them in Business, using a mileage upgrade, the food was inedible. These days I only use BA - very much a second-grade airline these days - to London, and Emirates to Dubai. My frequent flying days are over. I did find with Thai that their service was either very good or very poor, no in-between. It seemed to depend very much on the crew that particular flight. Seat pitch was good though - in poor people's class.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, No1Farang said:

Me too. Thai always significantly more expensive. I usually fly with EVA because their standard of service is so much better than BA

Trip Advisor email today informed me that EVA is rated (by their reader reviews I think) the 3rd best world airline (Singapore #1).

• Like 1

Sadly, I only travel Economy class. And at that level I have never seen Thai charge 50 per cent more in the 30+ years I have used them. Sometimes 10 per cent, but I don't ever remember more than that. The last time I did fly them in Business, using a mileage upgrade, the food was inedible. These days I only use BA - very much a second-grade airline these days - to London, and Emirates to Dubai. My frequent flying days are over. I did find with Thai that their service was either very good or very poor, no in-between. It seemed to depend very much on the crew that particular flight. Seat pitch was good though - in poor people's class.

I hear ya !!
BA are pretty piss poor these days.
I travel to the uk every 3 to 6 months and travel economy, traveled extensively for business and 95% was in business class but now I have to pay myself.........say no more .
My route is usually determined by cost of the ticket, hence I’ve never flown Thai but have flown most of the other options.
I would rate EVA up there with Emirates.
My last trip I used some AA airmiles that were due to expire ( BKK to MAN return, 70,000 airmiles + £125 ) and went on Qatar , returned on Finnair, Qatar was very good to Doha, nice new plane, great food, next leg okay.
Finnair was just okay.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Rob W said:

My wife got caught by this lot when she flew in January
She wasn't the only one on that flight either 

How could she have been on a flight if the tickets were invalid?

On 4/5/2019 at 12:26 PM, Inn Between said:

People should know that if they see international Thai Airways flights priced competitively, it must be a scam. 

I flew London to Auckland return via Thai Airways for £400 recently. Who scammed me and how did they do it?

16 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

I flew London to Auckland return via Thai Airways for £400 recently. Who scammed me and how did they do it?

Good for you. I guess things have changed from when I last compared international flight ticket prices some time ago. My recollection was they weren't usually competitive, and that's why I made my comment. So, you can let that blood pressure drop back down again from your outrage at my comment. Chill, dude!