2 modems on one fibre internet line 3bb

fulhamster

I am having problems with my modem, it's a 3bb one on fibre.

Works ok for pc on ethernet and phones on wifi.

But for android box it hardly connects. Live tv ok after 2 "plaback errors" but drop out/freeze after 20 odd minutes.

Series and Movies I just get "playback error" and nothing.

Same on both ethernet and wifi.

Put my tv app onto another box (same make & spec) and had the same results using the second box on my modem.

Then took my box to a friend's modem and everything works ok. Same with his box.

So i'm pretty sure it's not the box at fault but the modem.

Before I disconnect and go to 3bb thought it worth calling them in case they can adjust modem settings. They were supposed to have called today but no sign.

Further complication is that the 3bb a/c is in my wife's name, so she would need to go to 3bb with me, which she is reluctant to.

She thinks that because I didn't get the box from 3bb (they don't sell boxes) they will not change the modem.

I told her that 3bb don't sell laptops or phones either so that argument is finished.

So would it be possible to get a 2nd modem and link to the existing fibre, so I could run the box off that ?

Any advice appreciated

12 hours ago, fulhamster said:

I am having problems with my modem, it's a 3bb one on fibre.

Works ok for pc on ethernet and phones on wifi.

But for android box it hardly connects.

The problem isn't with the modem if it works fine for the PC and phones, but not for your Android box.

23 hours ago, Stocky said:

The problem isn't with the modem if it works fine for the PC and phones, but not for your Android box.

All worked ok until about 10 days ago. May have been the storms.

3bb checked yesterday and agreed to give me a new modem.

Android box working but my TV service still won't connect to any vod services. Live tv generally ok.

But this all worked ok , so now I've asked them to check the line.

Archived